PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

curtis-cards
06-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Hi, everyone. I'm Curt. New to the boards. I've been collecting off and on since I was a kid. The new stuff just doesn't do it for me anymore. I'm slowly shrinking my collection down and focus on vintage. I'm currently putting together the 1959 Topps baseball set and just purchased my 1st E90-1. I've enjoyed looking around and look forward to getting to know everyone.

carrigansghost
06-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Welcome aboard!!!

Rawn

Leon
06-24-2012, 08:20 AM
Welcome Curt. Hope you enjoy your stay!!

curtis-cards
06-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks, guys. Is there a way to subscribe to a thread?

Leon
06-24-2012, 09:12 AM
As a moderator I have an option to subscribe to a thread but I am not sure if regular members do. Heck, I don't even know what it does? Does it email you when there is any response in the thread or......?

teetwoohsix
06-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Hello and welcome Curt. Also, I would like to welcome any other new members that are reading this as well. I like to welcome people, if I missed anyone in the past it's only from not being on the computer as much.

You can subscribe to a thread, right above your initial post is a "thread tools" option, and you will see the subscribe to thread option.

Also, FYI, you can go to your profile page and create an album of your collection, if you choose to. It's an awesome feature of this site IMO.

So, welcome again and have fun !!!:D

Sincerely, Clayton

teetwoohsix
06-24-2012, 09:30 AM
As a moderator I have an option to subscribe to a thread but I am not sure if regular members do. Heck, I don't even know what it does? Does it email you when there is any response in the thread or......?

Hi Leon-

It really just helps you keep track of threads you like, as far as I know. There may be a way for it to email you if there is a response, but I am not sure. If there is, I don't know how to do it yet (I'm a complete novice with computers). Another board member showed me how to subscribe to threads.

Sincerely, Clayton

curtis-cards
06-24-2012, 02:43 PM

Yes, it sends an email when another person comments on the thread. It's a useful tool, but not completely necessary.

I actually just noticed a drop down menu that gives subscription options as I'm typing this in the "Additional Options" box.

curtis-cards
06-24-2012, 02:49 PM
The "Additional Options" box is on the reply page.