PDA

View Full Version : T51 College Series printers sheet

Leon
06-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Recently acquired this and know how others enjoy printers type specimens so figured I would share. I know this has been posted on the non-sports side, though maybe not recently, and came from a member there. Kind of neat to see the palettes of colors and the cross hairs for alignment (I believe).

glynparson
06-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Ive always liked the T51s regardless of the low selling prices.

atx840
06-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Very cool. I picked up a tobacco label proof awhile ago with similar markings and recently found a blank backed T218 for $5, lots of interesting non-baseball cards to be had.

06-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Non-sports? They look sporty to me. Nice pickup Leon!

BradH
06-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Ive always liked the T51s regardless of the low selling prices.

I've always likes the T51s because of the low selling prices (and the fact that they're great-looking cards). Have put this set together a couple times and pick them up whenever I see them at shows or in decent lots online. The larger-version T6 premiums are awesome as well, but obviously much more costly.

Leon - that's a beautiful sheet. I'd love to add one to my collection if you ever come across another, or want to sell that one!

kkkkandp
06-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Leon:

Nice item!

I've got a few of the T51s (the football ones and Williams [my alma mater] basketball) and they are quite colorful.

As to pricing, some can be a tad expensive - like all the ones I wanted to buy including a Johns Hopkins example for my daughter [her alma mater], which I still do not own.

Kevin

esd10
06-24-2012, 09:22 AM
leon thats pretty neat and i bet thats how most prewar cards came

teetwoohsix
06-24-2012, 09:37 AM
That's a great piece Leon, thanks for showing that.

Sincerely, Clayton

ocjack
06-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Great pick-up Leon. (The sheet, not the coin.)

Frankly, I always thought the sports related pictures (even golf) were great images and significantly under-valued. I always put them into my special "box" when I run across one.

BradH
06-24-2012, 11:08 AM
I've got a few of the T51s (the football ones and Williams [my alma mater] basketball) and they are quite colorful.

As to pricing, some can be a tad expensive - like all the ones I wanted to buy including a Johns Hopkins example for my daughter [her alma mater], which I still do not own.

Kevin - I believe I have an extra Johns Hopkins and will check my duplicates when I return home on Tuesday. It's yours if I can find it. It's a lacrosse player, if I remember correctly.

The Williams College basketball scene is very cool. All of the cards that picture major sports (baseball, basketball, football, hockey or golf) will usually command a premium over the others in the set, especially if it's a major school with one of those scenes - Michigan football, Harvard football or Penn State baseball, for example.

It seems that I read somewhere that the Williams card is considered the "first basketball card?" It was in the first series of T51s, but I don't know if this true or not, just seems that I read or heard that somewhere.

Brad

drc
06-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Both interesting and attractive.

irishdenny
06-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Always Love any item's of this nature!

What's uP with the neck's on these dude's... kinda freaky aye :)
Gotta love'em though...