PDA

View Full Version : My answer to David Atkatz

shelly
06-21-2012, 08:24 AM
David, I have never met you, and I have never written a single thing about you in all the time I have been a Net54 member. Even when members of the board have made negative statements about you (and I mean others besides Richard and Chris), I have never said a single negative thing about you.

But now I have had enough.

You don't know me, and we don't know each other personally other than to see our posts on this board.
You bring up my name like it is a vulgar word. You have denigrated me for a mistake I made 12 years ago and you continue to do so.
I know that I have much more knowledge than you will ever have about autographs and what goes on in the hobby. You claim to be a knowledgeable Yankee collector, yet you were fooled by a forged team baseball with over 20 autographs on it. Over 20 autographs and you could not tell it was a fake. And you call yourself the expert? I knew upon seeing pictures of the ball, a long time ago, that it was a Johnny F. creation. Yet you, the Yankee expert had to ask another person about it when it was questioned. And how about the Ruth-Gehrig ball that was taken down by ebay. You then sell it and I bet you didn't ask your personal expert if it was good. You had a COA and that was good enough for you, just like the auction houses do, get a COA and then sell it. Since you were able to knowingly sell a ball that ebay removed, because of authenticity questions, who knows what you will do with that 1927 ball. Are we supposed to take your word that you will not sell the 1927 ball? It has a COA, just like the bad Ruth-Gehrig that you sold.

You like to think that you are an expert. That is the impression you are trying to create. How did that quick opinion thing of yours work out? Flooded with business I am sure :).

For a guy who can tell Marino forgeries, you cannot even tell your own favorite baseball was a forgery.
You cannot even re-examine a baseball that ebay removed to see that it was a forgery. You had the cert, what else would matter? What kind of "expert" does that?

And the Marino brothers were not the only forgers involved in Operation Bullpen. If all you can tell are the ones that Marino did, then you are hardly the expert you claim to be.

I have more knowledge about different figures and crap in this business than you ever will. Do you know the history of Ron Dross, Dave Zimmerman, Wolffers Auctions, Johnny F, the people in Florida who are flooding the market, the gang in Philly and NJ, the suppliers of CC. I can identify all their work.
I also have been vetted here in the longest thread in the history of Net54, the thread I started and was attacked in. The thread about the authenticators named Morales, Taylor, etc.

All you do is sit there and make your nasty little remarks on this board.. I don't say much on this board; I only post when I think I can add something of value. I don't insult people and I don't want to hurt anyone, unlike yourself..

I made a statement not only defending a friend of mine but anyone else that would fall under that innuendo. That is basically all I have done recently. But you jump on my name and try to pull me down. All you want to do is discredit and insult people. I find that people like you are small and petty. Others on Net54 have expressed the same thoughts in other posts. I hope that my answering you will make your pitiful life a little happier.

Oh last but not least you are correct on how Peter Nash is helping the hobby by finding many bad pieces that have been authenticated by tpa"s. I will guarantee you one thing though, he would never ask your opinion if he has any doubts about an item.

Forever Young
06-21-2012, 09:02 AM
david, i have never met you, and i have never written a single thing about you in all the time i have been a net54 member. Even when members of the board have made negative statements about you (and i mean others besides richard and chris), i have never said a single negative thing about you.

But now i have had enough.

You don't know me, and we don't know each other personally other than to see our posts on this board.
You bring up my name like it is a vulgar word. You have denigrated me for a mistake i made 12 years ago and you continue to do so.
I know that i have much more knowledge than you will ever have about autographs and what goes on in the hobby. You claim to be a knowledgeable yankee collector, yet you were fooled by a forged team baseball with over 20 autographs on it. Over 20 autographs and you could not tell it was a fake. And you call yourself the expert? I knew upon seeing pictures of the ball, a long time ago, that it was a johnny f. Creation. Yet you, the yankee expert had to ask another person about it when it was questioned. And how about the ruth-gehrig ball that was taken down by ebay. You then sell it and i bet you didn't ask your personal expert if it was good. You had a coa and that was good enough for you, just like the auction houses do, get a coa and then sell it. Since you were able to knowingly sell a ball that ebay removed, because of authenticity questions, who knows what you will do with that 1927 ball. Are we supposed to take your word that you will not sell the 1927 ball? It has a coa, just like the bad ruth-gehrig that you sold.

You like to think that you are an expert. That is the impression you are trying to create. How did that quick opinion thing of yours work out? Flooded with business i am sure :).

For a guy who can tell marino forgeries, you cannot even tell your own favorite baseball was a forgery.
You cannot even re-examine a baseball that ebay removed to see that it was a forgery. You had the cert, what else would matter? What kind of "expert" does that?

And the marino brothers were not the only forgers involved in operation bullpen. If all you can tell are the ones that marino did, then you are hardly the expert you claim to be.

I have more knowledge about different figures and crap in this business than you ever will. Do you know the history of ron dross, dave zimmerman, wolffers auctions, johnny f, the people in florida who are flooding the market, the gang in philly and nj, the suppliers of cc. I can identify all their work.
I also have been vetted here in the longest thread in the history of net54, the thread i started and was attacked in. The thread about the authenticators named morales, taylor, etc.

All you do is sit there and make your nasty little remarks on this board.. I don't say much on this board; i only post when i think i can add something of value. I don't insult people and i don't want to hurt anyone, unlike yourself..

I made a statement not only defending a friend of mine but anyone else that would fall under that innuendo. That is basically all i have done recently. But you jump on my name and try to pull me down. All you want to do is discredit and insult people. I find that people like you are small and petty. Others on net54 have expressed the same thoughts in other posts. I hope that my answering you will make your pitiful life a little happier.

Oh last but not least you are correct on how peter nash is helping the hobby by finding many bad pieces that have been authenticated by tpa"s. I will guarantee you one thing though, he would never ask your opinion if he has any doubts about an item.

good god... Blahh blahh blahh blahh blahh... Can't you guys take all this sh*t offline??? How can any of you expect us to believe you are trying to clean up the hobby(your main concern) when it is clearly all about personal attacks/vendettas/ and self serving resume posts?

docpatlv
06-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Agree with Ben on this one...

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr248/docpatadc/whatsgoinon.gif

borrowed gif:D

RichardSimon
06-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Can I ask you two guys, Ben and Doc, an honest question?
If you see a thread and you know you won't like to read the subject matter, why do you read it?

docpatlv
06-21-2012, 09:42 AM
If you see a thread and you know you won't like to read the subject matter, why do you read it?

...because you never post in a thread that you find annoying?

Can I ask you an honest question? Why can't these situations (and you've been involved in many) be handled via PM or e-mail? What benefit does the board gain from having posts like these? I can understand once in a while things happen, but with you and others sometimes it's ad nauseam.

MikePuged@

bn2cardz
06-21-2012, 09:46 AM
.... and this is why the autograph section was voted to be separated.

Rob D.
06-21-2012, 09:52 AM
.... and this is why the autograph section was voted to be separated.

+1

GKreindler
06-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Ummmmm, docpatlv, that gif is AMAZING.

:D

Graig

chaddurbin
06-21-2012, 10:05 AM
it's great to have richard jim et al around when you start threads asking for authenticity of a certain sig or item, but when threads like this pop up you guys complain and want it off the board. that's the autography hobby. you have "experts" who are used to giving opinions and disagreeing with each other giving opinions and arguing with each other.

a majority of the threads here are asking for free authentication or the experts get into it, it is what it is.

doug.goodman
06-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Don't go away, I'm just running to the kitchen for some popcorn...

tinkereversandme
06-21-2012, 02:54 PM
This thread would be left well enough alone if Jaffe wrote his peace (if a man gets attacked, he should be allowed to as such), David responds and that's it. It's made worse when people with no connection complain that they don't like something that someone has written. You don't like this thread, move along. Your opinion and complaint doesn't really matter in this instance and is really rather classless to be honest with you. It's gotten to a point now where it's common that if something doesn't interest someone to make snarky comments and add their two cents. I like Coachs Corner threads and threads where an auction house or authenticator fouled up and if you don't understand that this forum belongs to us all and just because you don't like something someone may like reading about it and commenting as such may simply run people away (like myself) who is here to educate myself (hopefully without being attacked which is David's m-o) and learn more about the happenings of this particular collecting genre. Nobody seems to respect anybody here and it's actually rather sad to be honest with you.

Larry

RichardSimon
06-21-2012, 03:03 PM
This thread would be left well enough alone if Jaffe wrote his peace (if a man gets attacked, he should be allowed to as such), David responds and that's it. It's made worse when people with no connection complain that they don't like something that someone has written. You don't like this thread, move along. Your opinion and complaint doesn't really matter in this instance and is really rather classless to be honest with you. It's gotten to a point now where it's common that if something doesn't interest someone to make snarky comments and add their two cents. I like Coachs Corner threads and threads where an auction house or authenticator fouled up and if you don't understand that this forum belongs to us all and just because you don't like something someone may like reading about it and commenting as such may simply run people away (like myself) who is here to educate myself (hopefully without being attacked which is David's m-o) and learn more about the happenings of this particular collecting genre. Nobody seems to respect anybody here and it's actually rather sad to be honest with you.

Larry

Well said Larry. In this instance the original attack came in the Heritage lengthy thread , when Shelly was attacked by Mr Atkatz.
Shelly's post to start this thread is his answer.

RichardSimon
06-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Don't go away, I'm just running to the kitchen for some popcorn...

Did you bring enough for everyone? :D:D.

CMIZ5290
06-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Larry- what you may or may not realize is members are sick and tired of the same bull shit...move on!! Hell, we all know by now that there are suspicious things going on with autographed memorabilia. This has been going on since moby dick was a minnow! You guys need to express your differences by way of another venue......please, this is borderline ridiculous! 95% of NET54 members are sick of it regardless of how comical the reading is.....

Deertick
06-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Kevin is (allegedly) the "Cooperstown Forger".;)

CMIZ5290
06-21-2012, 07:01 PM
How in the hell do you respond to someone with user name "deer tick"? I would rather deal with elephant flea

thekingofclout
06-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Larry- what you may or may not realize is members are sick and tired of the same bull shit...move on!! Hell, we all know by now that there are suspicious things going on with autographed memorabilia. This has been going on since moby dick was a minnow! You guys need to express your differences by way of another venue......please, this is borderline ridiculous! 95% of NET54 members are sick of it regardless of how comical the reading is.....

RichardSimon
06-21-2012, 08:18 PM

Shocked to see this.

thekingofclout
06-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Shocked to see this.

thekingofclout
06-21-2012, 08:24 PM

don't like

RichardSimon
06-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Too funny KOC.

thetruthisoutthere
06-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Has anyone here asked Atkatz why he brought up Shelly's name in the other thread?

What's Shelly suppose to do? Ignore it? Personally, I'm not one for turning the other cheek.

Atkatz gets in his little snipes and digs, and people like Richard, Shelly and myself are suppose to turn the other cheek? Seriously?

You see, when Atkatz wrote "What about, Shelly?", his goal was to try to acquire some level of attention. And he got it.

The irony being that during the Prisco thread Atkatz was as quiet as a mouse after Leon posted the letter he (Leon) received from Prisco's lawyer.

toyman55
06-22-2012, 09:07 AM
In The Immortal Words Of Rodney King (A Dodger Fan)....CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

bigtrain
06-22-2012, 09:31 AM
I do not know David but I do recall that "the Bruces" didn't like him, sent him nasty emails and the like. That earns him a few points in my book.