PDA

View Full Version : One reason ( although silly ) that I enjoy getting certain cards graded

skelly
06-18-2012, 09:48 PM
I don't do a lot of grading, but one aspect of grading that I do enjoy is seeing what the cards come back as ( I only use SGC ) Usually I'm pretty close with what I assume the card will get, but sometimes I'm surprised one way or another. Anyway, sometimes I'll say what the heck and send a card in just to see what it gets. Anyone else enjoy the "surprise" of grading. ( I don't really deal in really high end stuff, so I realize that the stress outweighs the surprise on big ticket items ).

freakhappy
06-18-2012, 10:37 PM
skelly, I know what you mean. I haven't sent any cards in for grading in a long time, but I remember how great the anticipation was. Some grades were disappointing while others exceeded expectations. The real bummer grades are the ones that you totally think are a certain grade and they come back a few grades lower because of a missed flaw...what a downer :(

Since I like graded cards I can definitely relate with ya.

kmac32
06-18-2012, 10:41 PM
I send in for grading not because of the grade but more the way the cards display and to preserve the cards. I too use only SGC.

tennisguy
06-19-2012, 04:19 AM
I agree with Ken, that I like the way the cards are preserved and look in the holders. (SGC).

SushiX37
06-19-2012, 07:54 AM
I am the same way, only I can't stand the way SGC grades their cards, or the cases they use. I've always been a PSA guy. Basic case, basic information about the card, and 1-10 scale for grading.

Rich

bbcard1
06-19-2012, 08:06 AM
I try only to buy PSA graded cards because their cases are much easier to crack.