PDA

View Full Version : Silver Slugger Bats

yanks12025
06-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Anyone else see the silver slugger bats a seller on ebay keeps listing I wonder where they got all these bats?

http://www.ebay.com/csc/wwolst12/m.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=trophy&_armrs=1&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

ruth-gehrig
06-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Yeah I've been wondering the same thing. Ranging in price from $1000 up to around $2000 each. I know they accept quality consigned antiques and things and have a top notch reputation. But yes I keep wondering how many more they are going to sell:confused:

ctownboy
06-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Did you read the description for the bat? It said a number of these bats were obtained from the family of a person who used to work for Louisville Slugger.

Questions -

1) How did the family member acquire these bats? Through the proper channels or out the back door?

2) Does Louisville Slugger know about this and, if so, what do they think?

3) How EASY is it going to be for a scum bag scam artist to engrave a player's name on one of these and either sell it on eBay some time in the future or consign it to a major auction house?

David

steve B
06-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Did you read the description for the bat? It said a number of these bats were obtained from the family of a person who used to work for Louisville Slugger.

Questions -

1) How did the family member acquire these bats? Through the proper channels or out the back door?

2) Does Louisville Slugger know about this and, if so, what do they think?

3) How EASY is it going to be for a scum bag scam artist to engrave a player's name on one of these and either sell it on eBay some time in the future or consign it to a major auction house?

David

1) depends on their policy about seconds or overstock. Some companies let employees buy stuff like that at cost. Some don't.

2) If it was bought as a factory second they're probably ok with it. If it wasn't something employees were allowed to buy then probably not, but it may be too long ago for them to do much about it.

3) Probably very easy unless the finished version has some special feature that's not widely known. And even then it might slide through.

Steve B

tony
06-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the bat on ebay. It has a few issues but its going in my collection, so you do not have to worry about anybody engraving a name on it. He re listed anther bat and says that that after he sells that one he only has one left.

yanks12025
06-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Nevermind