PDA

View Full Version : Dating 34-36 Diamond Stars

zljones
06-18-2012, 07:46 AM
I recently just won my first Diamond Stars card. I swear there was a thread on this a while back but I just can't find it in the search engine. So my question is, how do I date Diamond stars between a 1934 issue, 1935 issue, or a 1936 issue?

brianp-beme
06-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Here is a recent thread about the subject (I think the answer given in it is correct):

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=149586&highlight=diamond+stars

Brian

zljones
06-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Thanks that was the thread I was looking for and yea I don't know if I fully agree either, but since I started this thread I found a possible good source on the beckett web site for Diamond Stars.

toppcat
06-18-2012, 04:25 PM
My wife's aunt once dated Charley Gehringer-does that count?

zljones
06-18-2012, 08:58 PM
my wife's aunt once dated charley gehringer-does that count?

lol

frankbmd
06-18-2012, 09:23 PM
I used to date 36-24-36 Diamond Stars, but not any more.

zljones
06-18-2012, 10:38 PM
Thank god I found the answer on the internet since this thread is turning into a joke LOL. :D I gotta admit I expected this thread to turn humorous

danmckee
06-19-2012, 08:14 AM
I always went by the stats on back

if 1933 stats then it was a 1934 card and so on

Tomman1961
06-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Zach-I am working on the DS set right now. My previous posts have made my frustrations obvious. Do I have a complete set with only the low numbers, as the highs are the same fronts. If no, then a complete set has to have all 108 cards. Then do you need a Master Set to be a Complete Set? All color back and year variations. Back to only 96 fronts now. Is I complete without the Babich, Mahafgfey, Greenberg, etc variations??????

Frank-I got you beat. I dated a 36-18-32. No way, right? Well I married her anyway. And she loves going to card shows. She knows a Topps, from a Playball, from a Goudey, from a DS.
Correct Zach-the jokes will run wild. But so will your answers.
Good luck. ---The Tomman

zljones
06-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Zach-I am working on the DS set right now. My previous posts have made my frustrations obvious. Do I have a complete set with only the low numbers, as the highs are the same fronts. If no, then a complete set has to have all 108 cards. Then do you need a Master Set to be a Complete Set? All color back and year variations. Back to only 96 fronts now. Is I complete without the Babich, Mahafgfey, Greenberg, etc variations??????

Frank-I got you beat. I dated a 36-18-32. No way, right? Well I married her anyway. And she loves going to card shows. She knows a Topps, from a Playball, from a Goudey, from a DS.
Correct Zach-the jokes will run wild. But so will your answers.
Good luck. ---The Tomman

One thing good about my endeavors is I am only limiting it to HOFers only. I will also only collect one of each since they have the same front. If it's got the same front it's all for me, but if it's just a back variation then I do not care. I am colelcting these cards because of how beautiful they are, I could care less about the ink on the back.

And that is awesome that your wife knows cards, my fiancee just recently got into watching the White Sox with me, which is a huge step, now if only I can get her a little into the cards.............:rolleyes:

Tomman1961
06-23-2012, 08:10 AM
I am about 20 cards from completing the low numbers. I have 1 high number. And I have one example of variations-the Mahaffey's.
When dating my wife, she never saw a BB game until I came along. She got hooked. Her dad had a nice job, so he would score us about 5 games worth of box seats at Shea for about 7 years. During that time, she would go to card shows with me. If I was working on Playballs, we would split the room and meet up after what we saw, then go back to make purchases. The dealers knew she could talk intelligently about cards. Dated 7 years, married for 22.

glynparson
06-23-2012, 01:28 PM
What Dan said