PDA

View Full Version : In Cooperstown Right Now!

GregMitch34
06-16-2012, 12:20 PM
But not yet at the Hall or card shops--here for wedding of one of my old Little Leaguers, the famous "RBI Keiser" from my book "Joy In Mudville."

Any suggestions on card buying in town? I've was last hear 15 years ago. Figure they charge high for the tourists....

MVSNYC
06-16-2012, 11:04 PM
not much in the way of cards there these days, but make sure you have lunch at Doubleday Cafe, and try to squeeze in a dinner at Hawkeye Grill (in the Otesaga Hotel).

have fun!

yanksfan09
06-17-2012, 11:18 AM
not sure if it's still open, I'd assume so. But, if you venture a bit south driving around the country heading towards Oneonta, the Farm Restaurant is, or was very good when I last went 7+ years ago.

GregMitch34
06-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Just back. "Card" shops horrible--ripoffs and didn't see more than handful of vintage cards, none graded.

Was there for wedding but also visited the Hall--4th time since 1962, basically every renovation. Always come away with same feeling: why so little film footage? Abbott and Costello still the most featured. People keep finding, and sending to Hall, rare footage of Matty, Big Train etc. and not on display at all.... Lotta balls and gloves and Tulowitzi uniforms. Good exhibits on 1) Cuban baseball 2) women players.... Card display a good sample but shoved off at end and in unattractive spot. Cards badly faded. Etc.