PDA

View Full Version : Cartophily Psychosis

Cardboard Junkie
06-14-2012, 06:14 PM
My name is David and I am a baseball card addict.
A recent event that has stirred the pot around here has me confused.
Would someone please explain to me in short what happened?
New guy has some cards that he doesn't really know the value of so he trys to pick some brains. Am I right?
Did a forum member approach him to help him sell (broker) them?
Why? To help the new guy get top dollar or to rip him off in cahoots with other members and low ball him?
How has this incident become such a big deal?
It's pretty easy to approximate value based on condition of a card, right?
Seller decides what he wants....puts them up for sale and if he gets an offer he says yes or no..simple....am I right so far?
Please someone explain to me what happened without all the Hitler/Seinfeld/hot coffee references....I love this hobby and hate when I read "lawsuit" and destroying a mans character. Aloha, Dave. ps I read the threads and still don't understand what happened.

Mikehealer
06-14-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm right there with you Dave, seems awfully childish to me. It's supposed to be fun.

wonkaticket
06-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Really another thread on this.....

Cardboard Junkie
06-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Aloha, John.....Another thread on WHAT?? dave

buymycards
06-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Dave - SSHHHHH! You shouldn't be asking so many questions. You never know who may be watching.

Book him Danno.

Rick

RUSH2112
06-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Your state of mind is fine Dave. You have no psychosis. All of us have the same addiction. A few others may have some sort of personality disorders, but your just fine. Just ignore the childish stuff that goes on around you and these forums. People love playing mind games. There is a label for these kind people but it rather complicated to explain.

Focus on that next card vintage baseball card for your collection, damn it.

SetBuilder
06-14-2012, 08:25 PM
It's only psychosis when the cards start talking to you, not the other way around.

CW
06-14-2012, 08:47 PM
It's only psychosis when the cards start talking to you, not the other way around.

Oh, come on now. That's crazy talk....

Wayward99
06-14-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm right there with you Dave, seems awfully childish to me. It's supposed to be fun.

I agree Dave and Mike. But as a new vintage collector I guess it's a good lesson to learn from the outside looking in. Combined with the Heritage Auction thread in the memorabilia section this soap opera stuff has been a real eye opener for me.