PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Annual Boston Net54 Lunch

wolterse
06-12-2012, 08:01 PM
It's almost summer, the Red Sox stink and all our treasure has been spent on one or more of the many recent Spring auctions...it must be time for the 3rd Annual Boston Net54 lunch!

As always, we'll do some 'show-n-tell' and talk about old cardboard that makes our wives/girlfriends roll their eyes and strangers wonder why grown men are still 'playing with baseball cards!'

We'll keep the same location...Papa Razzi at Washington Street in Wellesley.
I'm thinking we do this in August. I'm currently available all month. Are there any dates that DO NOT work for others that plan on joining? I'll do my best to schedule a date with the minimum number of conflicts.

See you all soon!

EJW

Wayward99
06-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Hi Erich,

I would love to be able to meet up with other Net54 members in the area - thank you for organizing this! As far as dates go, not sure if you are thinking this would be during the week or on weekend...if the weekend, maybe Saturday the 11th? That way pickups from the National could be part of the show-and-tell :) But as of right now any other weekend or even during the week could work for me.

scooter729
06-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Hey guys,

I'd be in again - first weekend is likely out for me, but others are good for now. Saturdays are better than Sundays as well for me if that matters!

Scott

carrigansghost
06-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Working second shift and every weekend. Come on up to Maine and I'll show you around, we do now have a rival to Foxwoods........well maybe just a bit smaller.

Rawn

Republicaninmass
06-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Shooting here until Aug 6th, after that free!

wolterse
06-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Saturday, August 11th works for me. Let's tentatively hold that date unless we hear from a few others that day does not work.

BradH
06-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Don't mean to hijack this lunch thread and wish I could make it to your event in August, but since the people reading this thread are most likely based in Boston, I wondered if anyone has a suggestion for a decent card shop there.

I am coming from out of town and have a day off in Boston on Thursday. Am staying at the Westin Copley Place - any ideas of a shop that wouldn't be too far of a cab ride?

Thanks,
Brad

Republicaninmass
06-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Not sure if they are still in existence but JJ teaparty was in Boston, prices were insane, but fun to talk with the people there

Peter_Spaeth
06-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Not sure if they are still in existence but JJ teaparty was in Boston, prices were insane, but fun to talk with the people there

He (Peter Leventhal) relocated to Kenmore Square years ago, I think his new store was or is called Kenmore Collectibles, not sure if he is still there.

scooter729
06-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Kenmore Collectibles is still there, and not too far from Copley Square (it's in Kenmore Square, right near Fenway). It's your best bet for a card shop in Boston, albeit not anything fantastic pricewise or selection-wise, it's still worth checking if you have a bit of time...

aelefson
06-19-2012, 07:27 AM
I should be able to make almost any weekend in August so most likely count me in!

Alan Elefson

BradH
06-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Kenmore Collectibles is still there, and not too far from Copley Square (it's in Kenmore Square, right near Fenway). It's your best bet for a card shop in Boston, albeit not anything fantastic pricewise or selection-wise, it's still worth checking if you have a bit of time...

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I will definitely work it into my plans...I appreciate the advice.

wolterse
07-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Reminder that the Net54 Boston lunch is Saturday, August 11th ... I'll post more as the date gets closer.

bh3443
07-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi Everyone!
I'm doing well these last two months, and I have everything all set to attend. I've got a ride all set for whatever date works with you all.
I am looking forward to this more than you can imagine!
Have a great weekend,
Bill Hedin

scooter729
07-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Great to hear, Bill - look forward to having you there!!

I'll be fresh off attending the Net 54 dinner at the National the week before, so I can catch you up on all of the antics from Baltimore!

Scott

carrigansghost
07-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Will be working....... Great news Bill!!!

Rawn

wolterse
07-29-2012, 07:33 PM
2 weeks til the lunch...August 11... I wonder if we'll have anything to talk about? :rolleyes:

wolterse
08-09-2012, 08:22 PM
bumping as a reminder about saturday...hope to see a good group!