PDA

View Full Version : Baseball holder question

mravk
06-09-2012, 07:39 PM
I want to replace some of the baseball holder due to aging. I shopped around and found there are 2 main brands out there: Ultra pro and Ballqube. I believe Ultra comes with buildin stand which I dont like because if the older balls are no longer perfect round, it might not fit too well. What do you guys recommend?

travrosty
06-09-2012, 07:48 PM
theres a new one called balldome too, it has an adjustable feature to make each ball snug.

http://www.memorabiliafactory.com/

earlywynnfan
06-09-2012, 09:59 PM
I have a giant box of gently used cubes -- various makers -- that I've accumulated over the years that I sell for 50 cents each, plus shipping, if you're needing a bunch. No cracks or stickers.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Tuna82
06-10-2012, 11:51 AM
I use Pro-Mold brand UV protecting ones. Very happy with quality compared to competitors.

Maddog
06-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Hi all,

Just one of those pesky lurkers on the board who finally got arround to trying to contribute something useful:D
I agree with Tuna82 regarding using the Pro-Mold UV holders. They cost a bit more but are worth it for older and more valualable balls.
The issue with them that a lot of people miss is that the UV protection is not a lifetime thing. Some dealers have told me that the UV protection tends to loss its usefullness over 3-5 years. Don't know that for a fact just what some of the supply dealers I've dealt with over the years passed on to me.
Of course keeping them out of light helps:)

Charlie.