PDA

View Full Version : Philly Show for Autographs

bender07
06-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Has anyone been to the Philly Show and if so is it worth it from a HOF autograph perspective? I'm going to be in the area and want to know its worth bargaining with the wife to go.

Hankphenom
06-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Some top-of-the-line autograph dealers set up at the Philly show: Most notably Kevin Keating (my buddy, full disclosure), Phil Marks, Rich Altman, Kip Engle, etc. No lack of fabulous HOF autograph material in the room.

bender07
06-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Well alright, it looks like my wife gets to go to Ikea! Thanks for the info

Leon
06-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Some say this show has turned from cards to autographs. It's a shame Hunts made the policy of not letting dealers set up at other, close proximity shows, and do this one too. Not sure if that is still the case but I could never quite agree with that one. (not that it mattered)

Hankphenom
06-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Some say this show has turned from cards to autographs. It's a shame Hunts made the policy of not letting dealers set up at other, close proximity shows, and do this one too. Not sure if that is still the case but I could never quite agree with that one. (not that it mattered)

Agree with you completely on their "Marco Rule," Leon. But I can't let your first sentence go by without rebuttal. This show has lots of vintage autographs, lots of vintage cards, lots of vintage memorabilia. What's the common theme here? That's right, "vintage." Not many shows like that anymore, so let's not discourage the few that have survived into the internet age. Besides, I'll be set up there with tons of great stuff!