PDA

View Full Version : Auction House Autos-What do you think???

daves_resale_shop
06-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Gents,
I actually try to attend this auction once a month because they typically have a good baseball memorabilia or two... they have 3 autographed balls up for auction this week (mantle, williams, dimaggio)... all of which look questionable at best... I want to notify them, but was hoping to get some opinions prior to doing so...

I dig this hobby, but I get disturbed when consignees float crap through unsuspecting auction houses, who in turn float them to unsuspecting (un educated consumers)

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
David
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=1350371&category=0&zip=06511&kwd=

thetruthisoutthere
06-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Dave, don't waste your time or money. Run the other way.

MooseDog
06-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Agreed. Those aren't even GOOD forgeries.

Wymers Auction
06-08-2012, 10:53 PM
I am rather new at autos and that Williams and Mantle are horrible even with the far away photos.

Wymers Auction
06-08-2012, 10:58 PM
David there needs to better education in the auction world. If I have an item that is consigned to me of significant value I try to verify its authenticity. I do not care if it is a Rolex, Rookwood Pottery, or a painting. On the other hand, I typically will get more money for those items because I stand behind my statements. Even on auctionzip live if you run really good items they will bring really good money.

johnmh71
06-09-2012, 05:28 AM
Another example of someone selling junk on a site that does not police itself.

GrayGhost
06-09-2012, 05:40 AM
The Mantle and Ted balls are FUGLY. The Dimagg one is just lousy:eek:

daves_resale_shop
06-09-2012, 07:07 AM
Thanks Guys,

I sent the auctioneer a message via their online message tool... hopefully it will do some good....