PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Offer: Will Trade (Autographed) Baseball Book I Wrote for a Card

GregMitch34
06-02-2012, 10:07 AM
A few years ago I wrote a fairly popular book about coaching my son titled: "Joy in Mudville: A Little League Memoir." It was hailed by USA Today and a bunch of other places and has been optioned by Tom Hanks for a movie. It does mention collecting cards but mainly traces my life as baseball fanatic, from a child onward (even playing with Bruce Springsteen). I have some extra hardback copies that I can autograph and send to you in trade for some kind of pre-1920s graded card that you think might make a fair offer. So just let me know. Here is link for Amazon write-up and reviews (of the paperback edition). BTW, I've written a dozen other books but none are about baseball, although several cover various aspects of 20th century U.S. history.

http://www.amazon.com/Joy-Mudville-Little-League-Memoir/dp/B007PMCWMA/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1338653180&sr=1-1

ethicsprof
06-02-2012, 11:39 AM
I remember a couple of your earlier works with Lifton and must say that
I am quite pleased to have such an important scholar on board.
I'm certainly eager to make a trade.
all the best,
Barry

GregMitch34
06-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Thanks, I'm sure we can work out something. My other books could also be traded. GM

GregMitch34
06-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Still a few books left if anyone is interested!