PDA

View Full Version : Photo experts: Anyone have an idea on these?

Deertick
06-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Going to an auction today and they just listed these photos that piqued my interest. They appear that they may have been sold as a set? Or someone took a bunch and had them framed/matted/labeled the same? Has anyone seen this presentation before? They appear to be Type II to me, judging by the clarity of the pictures posted. How would the value of these be affected by the date of development? Ie. 1930 versus 2000? I have seen a number of these images listed a new prints on ebay, so obviously they are not "rare".

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

BTW, They also have a Dale Coogan Denkert ST3 mitt, without the web. If anyone interested. I can't imagine it going for more than a couple of bucks.

Leon
06-02-2012, 10:25 AM
I am going to guess a newer commemorative series and their value is solely aesthetic. Maybe someone else will know more. BTW, the Wagner batting is a famous shot that was used on some of his Pinkerton type cards.

Deertick
06-02-2012, 10:33 AM
I am going to guess a newer commemorative series and their value is solely aesthetic. Maybe someone else will know more. BTW, the Wagner batting is a famous shot that was used on some of his Pinkerton type cards.

They are a nicely done presentation. I have seen a Wagner photo in what appears to be taken a second before this one. His bat is in the air, just prior to the follow through shown here. All other details seem identical. That stuff interests me. :D

Hankphenom
06-02-2012, 10:37 AM
These are from the "Conlon Collection Master Series" set issued by Megacards in the early 90s. There's also a colorized (ouch!) set. Value negligible, $10-$20 in the original binders. It's really a nice set, and will be highly sought after in 100 years. That and Soylent Green.

Deertick
06-02-2012, 11:04 AM
These are from the "Conlon Collection Master Series" set issued by Megacards in the early 90s. There's also a colorized (ouch!) set. Value negligible, $10-$20 in the original binders. It's really a nice set, and will be highly sought after in 100 years. That and Soylent Green.

There we go! Thanks Hank, I thought it was a set, the owner just framed them. Hard to tell from the pics if they were matted, but you just answered that also.

drc
06-02-2012, 12:16 PM
I think they're worth their aesthetic value to you if you want to display them in your house. If they're for resale, they're not much probably.

And if someone's sole motive is to decorate his office, I saw go for it.