PDA

View Full Version : OT: Quick research help

z28jd
06-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Cleared this with our hairless leader first. Could someone with an old(pre-1980) baseball encyclopedia and a free minute to look up a player please Private Message me. Found a player with stats that are wrong from 1912 and want to see how long they have actually been wrong. Need it for an article. Thanks in advance

AgonyandIvy
06-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Cleared this with our hairless leader first. Could someone with an old(pre-1980) baseball encyclopedia and a free minute to look up a player please Private Message me. Found a player with stats that are wrong from 1912 and want to see how long they have actually been wrong. Need it for an article. Thanks in advance

Who is the player? There are 18 pages of "this day in history" to go through. Plus other side blogs.

z28jd
06-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Amazing that I have written all that since the middle of February huh? And that's only half the stuff I do for the site! (filed under: Things you can do when you have nothing better to do)

The player was from today's article, Harry Gardner. Just wanted to see how long his stats have been wrong, discovered it today while writing about him. Will give credit to anyone who looks up the stats for me, should only take a minute

z28jd
06-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Got the help. Thanks

z28jd
06-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Just in case anyone was wondering what it was about. Thanks to three board members for help with this

http://blogs.piratesprospects.com/history/changing-pirates-history-harry-gardner/