PDA

View Full Version : JFK 1962 Opening Day - AP Photo Type 1 ??

jsage
05-31-2012, 08:48 PM
Moved about 1 1/2 years ago.
Finally found one of my favorite photos in a box marked Autographed Baseballs - must have been very tired the night I packed that box.

My knowledge of original photos is very limited. I know many of the Net 54 Members have extensive backgrounds and hopefully they can tell if this photo is a Type 1.

Please look at the scans. The back is hard to read - it is Stamped:
NOTICE This photo is the property of The Associated Press etc etc etc....
ASSOCIATED PRESS WIREPHOTO
Reg. U. S. Pattent Office

I would greatly appreciate any information the Members can give me.
Thanks,
Jerry Sage

Forever Young
05-31-2012, 08:57 PM
This is a Type 3. Most likely, a Type 1 was sent through a wire machine to communicate with another location/news service and this was produced on the receiving end with the wire caption embedded.

jsage
05-31-2012, 09:06 PM
This is a Type 3. Most likely, a Type 1 was sent through a wire machine to communicate with another location/news service and this was produced on the receiving end with the wire caption embedded.

Ben - I appreciate the information. Would you have an estimate of what the value of the my photo would be?
Thanks,
Jerry

thecatspajamas
05-31-2012, 09:28 PM

+1

For anyone listening in, any photo with the caption text embedded in the front image is NOT a Type 1. Doesn't mean that it's undesirable or worthless, but it is what it is.

drc
06-01-2012, 12:15 PM
It's not Type 1, but it is from 1962. It's not a later made item. If I was selling it, I'd call it a 1962 AP wirephoto.

A normal JFK wirephoto is common, but one of him through out the ball is significant-- in particular to baseball collectors. Hard for me to guess price as I'm not an active seller, but I'll throw out $100 value due to the baseball significance. That was my guess, not my offer.

jsage
06-01-2012, 12:29 PM
It's not Type 1, but it is from 1962. It's not a later made item.

A normal JFK wirephoto is common, but one of him through out the ball is significant-- in particular to baseball collectors. Hard for me to guess price as I'm not an active seller, but I'll throw out $100 value due to the baseball significance. That was my guess, not my offer.

Thank you for the input.