PDA

View Full Version : Big Fan Craze Auction Last Night

GregMitch34
05-27-2012, 11:45 PM
At eBay. Someone put up much of high-graded NL set with AL set coming next Sunday. Prices were lower than I'd thought, so I grabbed three--possibly low because holiday weekend--or maybe just depressed prices for them now. What do you think?

bcbgcbrcb
05-28-2012, 03:53 AM
Just checked out the final prices, seemed pretty solid to me for mainly high-grade commons. Most of the cards submitted from this issue grade fairly high due to rounded corners and card stock used so don't expect too much of a premium because of that. I wouldn't say there was much in the way of "steals" there.

philliesphan
05-28-2012, 11:45 AM
I can say that I thought the Charley "Kid" Nichols went for a very healthy price.

Bosox Blair
05-28-2012, 01:32 PM
I think the prices were a shade low. I bought the Deacon Phillippe in 8. For that card, VCP showed in the recent past 7s went around $90. I think an 8 for that price or less is a good price, so I'm happy. I note that some other 8s in this lot sold for down around $55-60...I feel those are really good prices.

Another factor might have been that earlier in the week another seller sold a bunch of high-grade NL Fan Craze in SGC holders. That might have saturated some of the demand.

Cheers,
Blair

GregMitch34
05-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Like I said, prices seemed good, I got an 8.5 for $74. The next auction on Sunday ought to show if holiday weekend was reason or prices for Fan Craze have dropped.