PDA

View Full Version : Fatima Frank Chance

tonyo
05-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Hi all,

This morning a T-222 Fatima Frank Chance was available for $90 BIN. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fatima-T-222-Frank-Chance-New-York-Ameicans-good-condition-ungraded-/320913182641?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4ab7ea8fb1

I sat at my computer before heading into work and knew that was a great deal but couldn't pull the trigger..... I wasn't sure it wasn't a reprint.

Found in a folder among stamps, seller hadn't sold any other cards, Old Cardboard says these are sepia, but this one looked more black and white to me. I looked at some of the fatimas availble on ebay and couldn't really come to a conclusion.

I decided to drive in to work, let it sink in, and search Fatima on net 54 to get some background.

I had almost decided to take a chance on it (no pun intended), but it had sold by the time I logged in at work.

Now I'm curious the board's opinion, Was I too paranoid, or was I right to be listen to my instincts?

If it is real, hopefully a board member got it.
Part of the education...............

shammus
05-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Bends in the photos with those little white nicks...missing corners...high amount of gloss...I've owned quite a few of these and these are all characteristics of this set. Plus, being actual "photographic cards"....I don't think that you could reprint this set very easily and have it not be noticeable.

I'd vote "real" on the Chance...

Exhibitman
05-25-2012, 11:01 AM
As the great HOF boxer Carlos Ortiz said to me when I realized I'd forgotten to bring the card for him to autograph: "Face it, my friend, you F****d up."

Leon
05-25-2012, 11:25 AM
It is definitely real.

tonyo
05-25-2012, 11:43 AM
oh well live and learn,

maybe I can buy it for triple in a few weeks.

everyone have a great weekend!

HRBAKER
05-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Happens to all of us.
There'll be another.
Look on the bright side, you have a three day weekend coming up.