PDA

View Full Version : The real deal. what do u think?

GrayGhost
05-18-2012, 07:23 PM
The seller says "not stamped, the real deal"

IMO, they look like machined sigs. the spacing and overall neatness. For my own sanity, opinions?

yanks12025
05-18-2012, 07:28 PM
No photo or link.

GrayGhost
05-18-2012, 07:39 PM
No photo or link.

DUMB ME:p

Here you go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400297593621?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1952.l2649

RichardSimon
05-18-2012, 07:48 PM
100% facsimile

thecatspajamas
05-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Isn't the signature starting in the laces (4th photo down on the left column) usually a dead giveaway on these things? At least he did take lots of photos.

Scott Garner
05-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Isn't the signature starting in the laces (4th photo down on the left column) usually a dead giveaway on these things? At least he did take lots of photos.

Lance,
I've always thought that it's a strong indicator that you need to look carefully, because it probably is a facsimile souvenir ball, FWIW...

prewarsports
05-18-2012, 11:15 PM
I have said this a few times before but the EASIEST way to tell a facsimile from a true signed ball is to look at the ball itself, if you can see both sweet spots (as you can in this auction) and neither has a ball manufacturer than it is a stadium ball. Any ball maker put their stamps on their wares to advertise their product.

Formula is

No manufacturer stamps + autographs = facsimile stadium ball.

Aside from that it is also easy to tell in other ways but that is the BEST way to tell for sure.

Rhys Yeakley

Scott Garner
05-19-2012, 03:33 AM
I have said this a few times before but the EASIEST way to tell a facsimile from a true signed ball is to look at the ball itself, if you can see both sweet spots (as you can in this auction) and neither has a ball manufacturer than it is a stadium ball. Any ball maker put their stamps on their wares to advertise their product.

Formula is

No manufacturer stamps + autographs = facsimile stadium ball.

Aside from that it is also easy to tell in other ways but that is the BEST way to tell for sure.

Rhys Yeakley

Thanks Rhys! Good to know....

RichardSimon
05-19-2012, 08:24 AM
"but I got it in person",,, "grandpa was at the stadium and got the autographs, I know for sure, he told me",,, "my friend was the second cousin of a team secretary and she gave him the ball, it has to be real",,, "i caught this ball during batting practice and they let me into the clubhouse to get it signed",,, "uncle Jim went to the stadium and came home with this ball, he said the players all signed it for him",,,"they let me in the dugout and all the players signed it for me",,, etc, etc.
I have heard every story in the world when it comes to facsimile signed baseballs.
A man visiting me with his two teenage sons swore up and down that the ball he showed me, 1970's Yankees with Munson, was signed for him,, it was a 100% facsimile ball, I told him "maybe they signed a ball for you but it was not this one" and as he stormed away from me, I thought he would hit me.