PDA

View Full Version : Turn away youngsters.....

Leon
05-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Been quiet in the Watercooler section so figured I would share this one. To me it's 2 1/2 minutes of well spent time. I was 6 when this was played...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp5JCrSXkJY&feature=fvwrel

39special
05-17-2012, 08:38 PM
Great song!!1967 is the year I was born.Why don't bands dress like that today?

HRBAKER
05-17-2012, 09:49 PM
Great song, N Young is a personal favorite.

barrysloate
05-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Thanks for linking that Leon. I am still to this day a huge Buffalo Springfield fan. I regret having never seen them live (they were only together for about eighteen months) but I do still play their music, and I feel that their album "Buffalo Springfield Again" is one of the very best albums of the 60's.

I was a junior in high school in 1967, and their music had a great impact on me.

Leon
05-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Thanks for linking that Leon. I am still to this day a huge Buffalo Springfield fan. I regret having never seen them live (they were only together for about eighteen months) but I do still play their music, and I feel that their album "Buffalo Springfield Again" is one of the very best albums of the 60's.

I was a junior in high school in 1967, and their music had a great impact on me.

I just listened to it for the 4th time since yesterday :). Need I say more?

barrysloate
05-18-2012, 09:56 AM
I just listened to it for the 4th time since yesterday :). Need I say more?

If I may recommend a favorite song of mine, find "Bluebird" on youtube and have a listen. You might even want to link it up. It's from Buffalo Springfield Again.

Leon
05-18-2012, 11:06 AM
If I may recommend a favorite song of mine, find "Bluebird" on youtube and have a listen. You might even want to link it up. It's from Buffalo Springfield Again.

I just listened to the long version....it was also great.

barrysloate
05-18-2012, 11:37 AM
The 4 1/2 minute version is from the "Again" album.

I don't know the origin of the long version, as it never appeared on any of their albums. When I was in college the Boston radio station used to play the long version regularly and that's where I first heard it. I could never find it after that until youtube came along...now you can find anything and everything.:)

RichardSimon
05-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Where did the time go?
Great song, good find Leon.