PDA

View Full Version : Kaptain Kirk Auction on Proxibid...

jgmp123
05-17-2012, 07:42 AM
No pictures yet of the items, but a ton of Ruth, Gehrig autos...also 2 signed Clemente bats and a Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb signed bat (all on the same bat)
The fact that if someone had this collection, they would consign it with a place called Kaptain Kirks is laughable.
You would think with these listings, Proxibid would see all kinds of red flags...

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=52644

I'll be waiting patiently for pictures!

Exhibitman
05-17-2012, 07:44 AM
Don't diss Kirk

http://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/collectorshowcase/large/Star%20Trek%20TOS%20Shatner.jpg

mr2686
05-17-2012, 08:14 AM
I think the red flag should go up only when they start selling signed tribbles!

jgmp123
05-17-2012, 08:55 AM
I think the red flag should go up only when they start selling signed tribbles!

Hazzaaa Hazzaaa! +1

toyman55
05-17-2012, 09:00 AM
The pictures are up. So, are all these autographs fakes? Why would they sell for such a low starting bid if they were real.

RichardSimon
05-17-2012, 09:20 AM
1- All sales final.
2- Auction house may actually see the max bids,,, holy crap.
3- Not even a COA from the "barred on ebay" authenticators, this crap is certainly right up their alley.
I guess Kirk was too cheap to pay that $5-$10 per item for a "barred on ebay" COA.
4- Take a look at the Ruth cut,,,#1050

thetruthisoutthere
05-17-2012, 09:24 AM
1- All sales final.
2- Auction house may actually see the max bids,,, holy crap.
3- Not even a COA from the barred on ebay authenticators.
4- Take a look at the Ruth cut,,,#1050

I emailed them immediately after I read the thread and asked if they were going to post photos. And they did.

A Kirk West responded to my email.

jgmp123
05-17-2012, 09:33 AM
The pictures are up. So, are all these autographs fakes? Why would they sell for such a low starting bid if they were real.

I think you answered your own question... Fake = Cheap...They start the bids low to generate interest...People place "Max" bid amounts and in turn the auctioneer will deliberately move the bid amount to the "max" amount...

RichardSimon
05-17-2012, 09:52 AM
I think you answered your own question... Fake = Cheap...They start the bids low to generate interest...People place "Max" bid amounts and in turn the auctioneer will deliberately move the bid amount to the "max" amount...

Placing a max bid (if you do you seriously need therapy) with these clowns is the equivalent of going to the auctioneer and opening your wallet and saying, "take what you want."
I could be more vulgar in that quote but this is sort of a family site.

RichardSimon
05-17-2012, 09:59 AM

Toyman you are a bundle of questions, every day :D.
But common sense should prevail in these kind of situations,think about it.

jgmp123
05-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Richard,

Did you happen to see the Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb, Speaker, Collins, Wagner bat? If real would be a HOLY FREAKING GRAIL! Such a joke...

thetruthisoutthere
05-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Richard,

Did you happen to see the Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb, Speaker, Collins, Wagner bat? If real would be a HOLY FREAKING GRAIL! Such a joke...

I think the bidding is up to a whopping $5.50.

RichardSimon
05-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Richard,

I looked at the cuts and considering I had decided to eat my lunch I did not want to do any more damage to my appetite.
I will probably head back there at some point to get a good laugh.

travrosty
05-17-2012, 10:55 AM
after looking at those cuts, i dont think they are real.

Wymers Auction
05-18-2012, 12:11 AM
I looked at the cuts and considering I had decided to eat my lunch I did not want to do any more damage to my appetite.
I will probably head back there at some point to get a good laugh.

I emailed him and told him that most of the cuts seem to come from the same piece of paper. I then asked him if that made him think about their authenticity. I also hate cuts that are in pencil anyways. I know that they can be real, but I also feel that pencil is used to cover up a multitude of forgers' sins. The really sad part is that he has some awesome baseball cards in this auction, but he has muddied the water with these garbage autos.

jgmp123
05-18-2012, 06:24 AM
Some great cards indeed, which also makes me question the authenticity of most of those...

jgmp123
05-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Ruth, Cobb, Gehrig, etc....just sold for $1600.

The Ruth ball just sold for $750!

But Drew certified that both were the real deal....Captain Kirk has stuck again!

RichardSimon
05-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Ruth, Cobb, Gehrig, etc....just sold for $1600.

The Ruth ball just sold for $750!

But Drew certified that both were the real deal....Captain Kirk has stuck again!

And you will see them in your favorite retail store or scam website in about a week at triple mark up.
These things just go round and round and round, last one left holding the crap loses.

thetruthisoutthere
05-20-2012, 01:48 PM
And you will see them in your favorite retail store or scam website in about a week at triple mark up.
These things just go round and round and round, last one left holding the crap loses.

Yep, that's exactly what will happen.

When I first contacted Proxibid about the ton of forgeries being sold under their platform, their replies seemed sincere enough to credit them with investigating the matter. But I was wrong.

Wymers Auction
05-20-2012, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=thetruthisoutthere;994339]I think the bidding is up to a whopping $5.50.
They do say at their auction when you listen live to not purchase according to the COA. Small consolation to those being had. Has anyone ever witnessed a real Gehrig, Ruth, and Cobb bat.

RichardSimon
05-21-2012, 06:35 AM
[QUOTE=thetruthisoutthere;994339]I think the bidding is up to a whopping $5.50.
They do say at their auction when you listen live to not purchase according to the COA. Small consolation to those being had. Has anyone ever witnessed a real Gehrig, Ruth, and Cobb bat.

My guess would be that this buyer was not had. The next buyer will be the unlucky one to be had.