PDA

View Full Version : REA pickups

Scott Garner
05-13-2012, 01:35 PM
I got outbid on the one auction that I went after in REA's auction last night
(Doc Ellis LSD no-hitter full ticket). Oh well... :rolleyes:

Did anyone from net54 win the Nolan Ryan lot that had the ticket to his debut game (and 1st strikeout), scored program from his first start in 1966 and dugout from his last win in 1993? Just curious...

What were some of your wins?

earlywynnfan
05-13-2012, 01:41 PM
I lost the Early Wynn 1952 contract, but at least I can smile about what I paid for his 1953 contract.

Can anyone tell me why the Wynn contract (with Greenberg) sold for $1200, while the Enos Slaugter from essentially the same era, signed by Saigh and Frick, sold for $7500?? Neither are high-end HOFers.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@Hotmail.com

Forever Young
05-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Well I gave the joe Jackson conlon a run as the underbidder but just couldn't go any higher. Although disappointed, there will be many other photos to be had for 36k with juice:) i probaby could have bid to 50 and lost.. Seemed like winner had no ceiling. Oh well...I did pickup this killer Jim Morrison check. Most say jmorrison so I thought it was special and always wanted one. I figured, I stayed up till 3:00 am.. Better buy something. Another victim to auction emotion.. Haha http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bidplace.aspx?itemid=23125

thekingofclout
05-13-2012, 03:19 PM
That's a great Morrison piece, Ben. You just need to rip out that common color print and frame it with your killer B&W photo of Morrison, that was taken by Ken Regan while The Doors were preforming live at Bill Graham's Manhattan venue, "Fillmore East" AKA "The Church of Rock and Roll" - way, way back in 1968!

I'd like to find a nice Morrison someday to go with this iconic image of "The Lizard King"...

Scott Garner
05-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Well I gave the joe Jackson conlon a run as the underbidder but just couldn't go any higher. Although disappointed, there will be many other photos to be had for 36k with juice:) i probaby could have bid to 50 and lost.. Seemed like winner had no ceiling. Oh well...I did pickup this killer Jim Morrison check. Most say jmorrison so I thought it was special and always wanted one. I figured, I stayed up till 3:00 am.. Better buy something. Another victim to auction emotion.. Haha http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bidplace.aspx?itemid=23125

Nice pickup, Ben! I looked at that lot while I was flipping through the catalog.
Congrats!

Forever Young
05-13-2012, 04:33 PM
That's a great Morrison piece, Ben. You just need to rip out that common color print and frame it with your killer B&W photo of Morrison, that was taken by Ken Regan while The Doors were preforming live at Bill Graham's Manhattan venue, "Fillmore East" AKA "The Church of Rock and Roll" - way, way back in 1968!

I'd like to find a nice Morrison someday to go with this iconic image of "The Lizard King"...

Thank you jimmy and Scott. Jimmy.. That is EXACTLY what I was thinking.. It will look killer! You need one for that photo I think:)

doug.goodman
05-13-2012, 05:47 PM
I was hoping that the lot of 75 scorecards from the Keith Sutton collection wouldn't go quite so high, in which case I would have won it. Oh well.

Happy to add a scored scorecard from Willie Mays' first career HR to my collection. The proof ticket from that game and the stub from his last career HR will probably hit the BST once I receive them.

Doug

GrayGhost
05-13-2012, 05:52 PM
It always amazes me h ow people have the means and don't mind paying RIDICULOUS prices for some of that stuff. But hey, must be a status symbol too, in addition to the fact, that yes, its the best stuff of the year.

jim
05-14-2012, 08:01 AM
this is mine!

T206Collector
05-14-2012, 08:18 AM
If you won LOT 837 ("Vintage Hall of Fame Signed Photographs: Young, Speaker, Collins, and Baker")...

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bidplace.aspx?itemid=22488

...and would like to sell the Baker, please contact me at SignedT206@gmail.com.

canjond
05-14-2012, 12:54 PM
this is mine!

Jim-

That was a great price for the pair, even with the condition issues on the Johnson silk.

jim
05-14-2012, 01:23 PM
hi Jon, this was the lot i did not think i would have been the high bidder when the dust settled. had my eye on a couple of t3 i had nice bids on that got me a second place finish. i actually went back and re-read the write-up to see if i had missed anything on the silks. the little bit of discoloration was not a factor at all. very happy to have both. now for the little matter of paying for it....
jim