PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Magic Johnson autographs

MichaelS
05-12-2012, 08:42 PM
I am new to collection autographs, and focus on trying to find game used items.

In my office I want to have a signed ball from each of the 1987 starting Lakers. I see on ebay that they range from 500 to 135. Why such a range?

Thanks

Bilko G
05-12-2012, 08:50 PM

In my office I want to have a signed ball from each of the 1987 starting Lakers. I see on ebay that they range from 500 to 135. Why such a range?

Thanks

Without looking id imagine an Official NBA Game ball would be more expensive then just a normal $25 Wal-Mart ball, also authentication will bring the prices up. JSA and PSA authenticated balls will cost more than someone card shop COA. So if you get an official NBA game ball with JSA or PSA certs or from a private signing with pics they will cost the most.

Mr. Zipper
05-12-2012, 09:05 PM
From what I understand, Johnson is a frequent signer at private signings and shows. I think you should be able to get a real one with tristar or similar hologram for around $200... Maybe less. I think I saw a recent signing and his fee was $125 if I recall correctly.

71buc
05-13-2012, 06:40 AM

Thanks

Magic has signed at Mill Creek Sports. They are very reputable they currently have this ball.
http://www.millcreeksports.com/products/7/44/191/13068/Magic-Johnson-Autographed-Official-Leather-Basketball-Showtime-PSA/DNA

They are normally open to offers. I have made offers of 10-15% less than their asking price with success.

mr2686
05-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Hall of fame sports has had him several times as well and currently show on their website that his nex appearance is TBA. You may want to call them and find out what the pricing is...they are usually pretty reasonable and also do mail order.

www.halloffamesports.com