PDA

View Full Version : new to collecting Game Used Stuff

MichaelS
05-12-2012, 02:06 PM
As a kid, I collected baseball cards and have not looked at them in the last 20 years.

Since I am older and have a few more dollars, I am looking to collect game used ball, helmets and Jersey of the local SoCal teams.

I see that you can no longer register for gameusedunivers.com, so was wondering if you guys might have other forums to go learn from?

Thanks

perezfan
05-12-2012, 03:12 PM
That was undoubtedly the best of them... Can you clarify why you can no longer register with them? I haven't been over there in a while, and am curious as to what happened.

There are quite a few game-used collectors over here, but not nearly as prevalent. The main difference being that Game-used items are not typically the primary area of focus for collectors on this site (which I'm sure you already noticed).

MichaelS
05-12-2012, 08:36 PM
That was undoubtedly the best of them... Can you clarify why you can no longer register with them? I haven't been over there in a while, and am curious as to what happened.

There are quite a few game-used collectors over here, but not nearly as prevalent. The main difference being that Game-used items are not typically the primary area of focus for collectors on this site (which I'm sure you already noticed).

When you try and register, it says someone will call you. It has been over two months without a call. I have sent several emails and called. The voicemail is full and can not take any more messages.

Thanks for your input.

glchen
05-15-2012, 04:04 AM
I'd try to be patient. It was the same thing for me with gameuseduniverse. I tried to register 2-3 months ago, and then finally got a call from the person a couple of weeks ago. The person asked me if I had any questions, and I mentioned that I couldn't even remember the question that I had since I registered eons ago and was waiting forever to get confirmed. She apologized for this and said that they were working through their backlog still.

mr2686
05-15-2012, 07:17 AM
I agree with what's been said. I waited 6 months...so long, that when they finally called and left me a message, I couldn't even remember what or who they were so I blew them off. I'll try again sometime in the future.