PDA

View Full Version : 1938 Joe Louis Clock -- help, please

BradH
05-11-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm looking for assistance on the approximate value of a 1938 Joe Louis "World's Champion" clock (made by United Clock Company). I understand condition obviously matters, but I'd like to know about what it should go for in non-working condition. I have found a couple auction prices from the last few years, but those were for working models (ranged from $625-1400).

I found a nice-looking one and am not sure if it works, but the overall appearance of the piece is great. I really don't care if it works or not, as the display quaility alone is good enough for me (and I can probably get it fixed later). I just don't want to overpay and find out later I could have purchased one for much less.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Brad

sporteq
05-16-2012, 02:37 PM
hello, i would say $250-$400 range. Like you've mentioned, condition is everything. The clock is not really rare.. still an awesome memento :)

Regards,
aL

BradH
05-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Al - I appreciate your feedback. I have never seen one in person and I really liked it, but the asking price is $450 - so that sounds a bit high. Maybe I'll see if they will take $325-350 (unless it actually works, then I'll gladly pay $450). Thank you.