PDA

View Full Version : DFW Irving Show

Cooper1927
05-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Did anyone go to the Irving show today? Or is anyone looking at attending this weekend?

If so, was there, or do you think there is, anything worthwhile available?

Leon
05-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Didn't even know there was one :(

Cooper1927
05-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Yes, it has a bunch of autograph guests, 80 tables, and runs through Sunday.

Trying to decide if it's worth going, the last Arlington show was a let down.

Hot Springs Bathers
05-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Any shows in the DFW area next weekend. I am attending the Byron Nelson Tournament on Friday but was hoping there might be a show Saturday?

Rich Klein
05-11-2012, 08:27 PM
of an autograph show.

The promoter is GTSM --- and he is extremely active in football player autographs, which is a natural fit here

if I had know about this show earlier, I would ahve done things differently this weekend. But I will probably go Sunday morning and go with Leon is he is able to go (I know its Mother's Day but my wife's family and mother going out to dinner not lunch or brunch)

And for Mike, there is a small but usually interesting show in Allen Tx the weekend he is town on the 3rd Saturday

Rich

Hot Springs Bathers
05-13-2012, 08:03 AM
Thanks Rich! I may drive down to Waco to see the SWC Branch that the Texas Sports Hall of Fame added. I am sure my Razorbacks will be fairly represented. Ha!

Rich Klein
05-13-2012, 01:23 PM
The TX SPorts HOF is a nice place to visit. I spent about 2 hours there the day of the challenger exploion.

Waco also has hte Texa Rangers (no, not the baseball team) museum as well as the Dr Pepper museum. I recommend Waco for a one-day trip. The Baylor campus is gorgeous as well (and not just the coeds)

Rich

Rich Klein
05-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Well 80 ttables , not so much, perhaps 20 tables in all. Interesting JSA and PSA were set up.

Lots of autographs -- $10 admission charge -- good grief -- and you waonder why shows are not what they were

Rich