PDA

View Full Version : Just Picked Up e96 in White Plains--But Don't Know Much About It

GregMitch34
05-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Just back from the (fairly dead) Westchester show, which is to be cut short by being closed on Mother's Day. Who had that bright idea? Anyway, picked up a stunning e96 SGC 40 Lajoie card, just on its looks, but frankly I don't know much about that issue in terms of being more, or less, desirable. Comments?

chaddurbin
05-11-2012, 03:01 PM
how much?

e96 is a nice middling caramel card set. continuation of the e95 set...but a lil tougher because it's made up of mostly common guys so i suspect wasn't as popular as the e95s to collect back then. a 40 would be a nice condition for the set, if it has minimal staining. that could be a plague to this set.

Danny Smith
05-12-2012, 04:34 PM
I like the e96 set. Its fairly small but tough enough to make it a bit of a challenge to complete. Only a couple big name hofers (since it is an extension of e95) as mentioned above but the cards offer unique poses generally not found in other issues. Im about 6 cards away from finishing it. Just finished the e95 set which has most of the big names but is a tad bit easier.