PDA

View Full Version : CSC Collectibles

Deertick
05-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Starting this so maybe the other thread will die peacefully:)

Mr. Zipper questioned the phone number on the COA. It is a Marietta, GA # that goes to Life Style Enterprises. Which is fine. Mark can call his company anything he wants. However:
The address listed on the COA is in Margate, FL
His website says he was in Ft. Lauderdale and then Sunrise, FL
All of the same crap that was at Auction Kings Tampa, and LLP Auctions Tampa, small local auctions around the US, and the others located by Chris on Proxibid, are displayed in all their GORY.
I wonder if this is the head that needs to be the focus of complaints to the authorities? He seems to be implying it is all him. The problem is, where is he? The website hasn't been updated in 2 years.

Interesting read: http://www.calsstore.com/about_us.php

travrosty
05-09-2012, 11:07 PM
there is a history of sunrise florida, and ebay. chris w. probably recognizes it too.

Mr. Zipper
05-10-2012, 04:45 AM
Just read his bio. Anyone who has hosted Vern "mini me" Troyer MUST be legit.

:rolleyes:

:D

thetruthisoutthere
05-10-2012, 05:54 AM
Delete

thetruthisoutthere
05-10-2012, 05:57 AM
Below is a link to a thread I wrote about CSC Collectibles back in February.

Many of us have known about CSC Collectibles for a long time.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/profiles/blogs/ace-justin-priddy-csc-collectibles-coa-added-to-ebay-s-banned-coa

thetruthisoutthere
05-10-2012, 06:21 AM
I have been in communication with Aaron Joseph & Company (AJC) who had numerous autograph items with a CSC Collectibles COA listed under the Proxibid platform.

AJC has since removed those items from their listings and is planning on returning the items to the consignor. AJC also informed me that the consignor was CSC Collectibles.

Deertick
05-10-2012, 06:41 AM
I have been in communication with Aaron Joseph & Company (AJC) who had numerous autograph items with a CSC Collectibles COA listed under the Proxibid platform.

AJC has since removed those items from their listings and is planning on returning the items to the consignor. AJC also informed me that the consignor was CSC Collectibles.

But the point is , he is claiming to be a an FPA, and these items are so prevalent, that just warning about the COA (which you have been very good at) seems to be spitting on a brush fire. IF he IS the supplier, the head of the snake must go. Stopping the locals and internet auctions is fine, but it is neverending. The source needs to be capped, before the flow slows to a trickle and then dries up.

thetruthisoutthere
05-10-2012, 06:52 AM
But the point is , he is claiming to be a an FPA, and these items are so prevalent, that just warning about the COA (which you have been very good at) seems to be spitting on a brush fire. IF he IS the supplier, the head of the snake must go. Stopping the locals and internet auctions is fine, but it is neverending. The source needs to be capped, before the flow slows to a trickle and then dries up.

I informed Aaron Joseph & CO (AJC) that it really isn't about the COA or the fact that CSC Collectibles is on Ebay's "Banned COA" list; it is the fact that the autographs are forgeries.

There is a lot that I CANNOT write about here; we just have to be patient.

RichardSimon
05-10-2012, 07:16 AM

+1
and to paraphrase Chris patience is a virtue.

btcarfagno
05-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Kudos to all who are making a difference in this matter. I am fairly new to autograph collecting and scum such as CSC and CC (why all the C's??? Coincidence???) scare the heck out of me with regard to their ability to tarnish what should be a wonderful way to connect with our heros from the past.

Please disregard any naysayers and keep fighting the good fight. Also, please let us know when there is something that we can do outside of posting on a message board. I am sure many here would be willing to help.

Tom C

Deertick
05-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Mark Calamusa called me back! I missed his call, but he left a message and said he was with CSC collectibles. So that number on the COA does go to him.
So while you may not be able to order a pizza, you could probably order a Piazza.

RichardSimon
05-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Kudos to all who are making a difference in this matter. I am fairly new to autograph collecting and scum such as CSC and CC (why all the C's??? Coincidence???) scare the heck out of me with regard to their ability to tarnish what should be a wonderful way to connect with our heros from the past.

Please disregard any naysayers and keep fighting the good fight. Also, please let us know when there is something that we can do outside of posting on a message board. I am sure many here would be willing to help.

Tom C

Send either myself or Chris Williams a PM if you see major sellers of bogus items, especially if they are not on ebay.
One bad item on ebay does not qualify as major sellers.

jgmp123
05-10-2012, 10:25 AM
If you go to Proxibid and simply type in Memorabilia in the auction search, you will have a long list of forgeries. As unfortunate as it is, just take inventory.