PDA

View Full Version : Crossing Over to SGC: Hold the Mayo?

GregMitch34
05-08-2012, 09:50 AM
I have a Billy Nash PSA 4 Mayo ending its first auction at eBay tonight but presuming it does not sell: Is it worth crossing it over to SGC, given that most Mayos are SGCs (and I certainly like the look better myself)? Should I consider this: Along with one other 4, this is the highest graded PSA-- while there are three SGC 4s for this card, plus four 5s and a 6. So: keep this with PSA or cross over (presuming it does not sell tonight)?

Leon
05-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Since you are selling it I would just leave it alone. A PSA 4 or SGC 50 of that card will bring about the same anyway. If it were higher grade you might cross to catch a registry guy (or two) but in a 4 holder, not worth it imo.

GregMitch34
05-08-2012, 10:44 AM
So it makes no difference that it is highest graded PSA but would be far from that as SGC? Seems odd.

Leon
05-08-2012, 11:09 AM
So it makes no difference that it is highest graded PSA but would be far from that as SGC? Seems odd.

There are a total of 4 registered PSA sets. Two of those are sets that an auction house sold. The other sets being the top one at 54% complete and the other has the title of the set as

bkh'sMagnificent (regardless of Condition) Mayos

Unless the top guy is going to fight himself then the answer is no.