PDA

View Full Version : Can someone identify what type of card this is? The backs are blank

selling4nana
05-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Hi, I’ve been helping my grandmother sell some of her things (on ebay under the name mynanasantiques ). I’m now getting to the boxing cards. I have many that SGC picked out to grade. But regarding the cards with no writing on the back they stated that they do not encapsulate that issue. If they told me what issue these cards are, I don’t remember.
Can anyone tell me what type of cards these are?
Thanks!

nameless
05-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Those are t220's

selling4nana
05-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Thanks! I thought with the blank back it wouldn't have been a tobacco card. Who wouldn't want to advertise on the back? I don't understand why SGC wouldn't grade it.

RBrown
05-08-2012, 09:38 AM
The back has been removed or still stuck in a scrap book. The card is worthless!

Exhibitman
05-08-2012, 10:04 AM
It may also be a reprint. I do not like that front stock color; looks like a reprint or laser copy--notice how the border color is a different color than his cuffs and shirt.

selling4nana
05-08-2012, 02:02 PM
thanks for the replies. I may have to contact SGC & see if they have on file why they wouldn't grade the cards with the blank back (I have 4 of them). If they are reprints or if the backs were torn off as suggested I would've thought SGC would have stated that in their comments. The only reason provided was that they 'do not encapsulate this issue'. The altered, counterfeit or minimum grade not met wasn't checked.
This isn't my hobby & I've learned most of what I know from this board when dealing with the baseball cards about a year ago. I always appreciate your time & help.
Thanks again!

Exhibitman
05-08-2012, 03:13 PM
SGC definitely encapsulates T220s, so there is no issue there. However, given the color differences I am of the view that what you have is a reprint.