PDA

View Full Version : 1930 Baguer Set - Advise On How To Remove From Book

bcookie
05-04-2012, 08:00 PM
I should have these in hand the next day or 2. the Gehrig and 2 commons are already sold to a fellow member. My questions is:

any advise on how to remove these cleanly from the pages? and any way to remove the glue from the card fronts?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/briancrotts/untitled-4.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/briancrotts/xcvbddggddg.jpg

Matthew H
05-04-2012, 08:36 PM
I'd just cut the page up and let the buyer deal with
The paper attached. (actually I'd leave it as one piece :) )

Exhibitman
05-05-2012, 06:47 AM
So you won that...

If they are real photos like the Caramelos Las Estrellas from the era, I've had good luck soaking them off.

FrankWakefield
05-05-2012, 07:25 AM
First, see if that series of cards will survive soaking... put one you already have in water, buy one and put it in a glass of water, or cut out a duplicate if there is one and soak it in a glass of water. If the cards won't soak, you'll need professional help, I suspect, someone with a nonpolar solvent that will undo the glue used.

If the cards will soak, the put them in a pan of water, a big tupperware container, or pan. Add water. Wait. If the cards release, then rinse them and soak them again. And maybe again to get the glue off. If the cards don't release you're back to needing a nonpolar solvent and getting help.

Even though I'm a fan of soaking, I liked the suggestion that you cut out the sold ones and mail them like they are, that way the buyer can't complain about you're soaking job.

Pup6913
05-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Nice pickup. I was an underbidder on that.

Contact Dick Towle about removing if soaking don't work.

Matt
05-05-2012, 08:19 PM
That Gehrig pose is great.

bcookie
05-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Hi guys, i have had a few PM's about selling single cards. i really do not know the value of these "cards" . of the 3 that i have already sold, i have sold the Gehrig for $500 and the 2 commons for $25 each. All with the paper still attached.

If you are interested in any of the cards, please shoot me a price.

If i were to get the remaining 86 cards graded by PSA over the next year or so, and this became the #1 set in their registry, what vale do you think it would have as a #1 set with 86/90 cards only missing the Gehrig as a key card?

And does REA only have an auction once a year?

Pup6913
05-06-2012, 09:22 AM
My goodness. Had I know there was more value in them I would have bid more. Very nice flip. Shame you are breaking it up:(

SetBuilder
05-07-2012, 12:01 PM
I was also an underbidder. The seller from the UK incorrectly titled the auction -- Something along the lines of "1931 Cuba Caramel".

bcookie
05-07-2012, 12:49 PM
I was also an underbidder. The seller from the UK incorrectly titled the auction -- Something along the lines of "1931 Cuba Caramel".

you are right. the year was wrong in the title as well as where the set came from. they came in the mail today and they are sitting at home waiting for me.. my wife says they look a lot better than the scan from the auction.