PDA

View Full Version : NBA - moves good & bad

Touch'EmAll
05-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Why did Dallas Mavericks let go Tyson Chandler? Lets see, he helps you win an NBA championship (wouldn't have won it without him) and now he is named NBA Defensive Player of the Year for the Knicks. Young good centers don't come along that often. What did they get for Chandler? Then they take in Lamar Odom with loads of baggage (tough hand of life dealt to Odom, bummer) and he doesn't work out. Mark Cuban mistakes, yes?

Orlando Magic - should have dealt Superman when they had the chance.

At the time, all Lakers fans (myself included) were miffed at just letting Lamar Odom go - but Mitch Kupchak again proves he knows what he is doing. Oh, by the way, Kupchak also did not give in to trades for Pau Gasol. That's why Lakers are regular powerhouse year after year. Another really good move - getting R. Sessions. GO LAKERS !

And that team out of San Antonio - pretty well run organization as well - kept core intact - smart.

tiger8mush
05-04-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm rooting for the Lakers in the West and the Knicks in the East, though it looks like the Knicks (down 0-3) are on their way out of the playoffs. Rumors are circulating about Phil Jackson coaching the team next year for the "right" amount of money.

OKC has been fun to watch in the playoffs though perhaps their inexperience allowed them to blow that huge lead in game one.

Too bad for Chicago that Rose went down as they too were fun to watch.

Boston seeme to have a fire lit under their butts as they played well w/o Rondo in game 2, we'll see tonight if they are for real.

I'm not a HUGE NBA fan, but the playoffs are fun to watch (like hockey playoffs)

Tsaiko
05-04-2012, 07:44 PM
At the time, all Lakers fans (myself included) were miffed at just letting Lamar Odom go - but Mitch Kupchak again proves he knows what he is doing.

He also gave Fish a chance to get a sixth ring ;) :D

100backstroke, ever train at RBAC?

Touch'EmAll
05-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Tsaiko - just got out of swim workout at Canby Oregon pool. Used to be big into competitive master swimming, Portland Masters, w/ coach John Hartman. Not sure of the aquatic club acronym RBAC. Now shooting for NW Zone meet in October up in Federal Way, WA - killer pool.

Go Lakers!

Tsaiko
05-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Oh, ok, I thought because you're a Laker fan you might be in LA.

I could swim before I could walk, my dad was a lifeguard when I was born. Played trumpet at night, lifeguard by day at the same hotel. I was raised across the street from a lake and lived close to the beach, so I was always in the water as a kid.

Never really swam much as an adult, but always jumped in when I saw water and surfed for decades. A year ago I had knee surgery and the surgeon left me in so much worse shape than before, I was forced to find another source of aerobic calorie burn besides kicking the heavy bag. Swimming has been the only activity that doesn't kill the knee and I've been doing it regularly for almost a year. I'm up to 3500 yards every other day, but it takes about 80-90 minutes, so not too competitive. If I can ever get pain free, I'll probably take some lessons and join the masters team.

Here's RBAC: http://www.rosebowlaquatics.org/
Pull out the lower right corner of the live web cam window to see both pools.

I feel fortunate to live 10 minutes from this facility.

Oh yea, >Go Lakers! ......in five minutes!