PDA

View Full Version : A cool find at work

scmavl
05-04-2012, 12:32 PM
My office is a 100+ year old building that was recently restored to look as it did in the 1930's. In doing so, there were many local B&W photographs nicely framed and put throughout the building.

Yesterday, I was upstairs getting something signed by the Sr VP and I started having a look around her office. I noticed a panoramic style picture against a back wall that had ballplayers on it. Upon closer inspection, I saw Buck O'Neil in the center of the photo. It's labeled "Asheville Tourists Honor Buck O'Neil, 1996". It was taken at the local minor league stadium and he was surrounded by players in old style & Negro League jerseys (KC Monarchs, NY Cubans, Grays, etc). I assume they were the minor league team at the time, as they all look young. While not actually an old piece, I thought it was very cool and told the SVP how much I liked it and jokingly said "Wanna trade?" She immediately said "YES! I don't like that photo! What do you have?" I told her I have a panoramic photo in my office roughly the same size that is just a shot of downtown Asheville. She said "Done!"

So now I have a nice new photo in my office that goes much better with my personal BB memoribilia I have in here (J Robinson, Campanella, Killebrew, Musial...).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/santaclausmachine/buckpic.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/santaclausmachine/buckpic2.jpg

scooter729
05-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Well done! Sure beats any ol' city skyline picture - that's a great panoramic with Buck!

Scott Garner
05-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Sweet! Congrats Jarrod!

mighty bombjack
05-04-2012, 01:41 PM
That is really nice looking.

scmavl
05-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Oh, and just so it's clear... Tourists is the name of our minor league team. It wasn't actual tourists honoring Buck, it was the team. ;)

Wymers Auction
05-04-2012, 08:13 PM
I would like to make trades like that everyday!!! Did you ask her if she has any other baseball stuff she hates?

scmavl
05-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Unfortunately that was it. And it's not even MINE, but at least it's in my office. A nice thing to look at everyday. :)