PDA

View Full Version : How does this grade PSA 3 ?

DixieBaseball
04-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Guys - I was looking on ebay and found this card for sale and was wondering if you believe it has been slipped into a PSA 3 holder ? I don't know if I have ever seen a VG graded card this bad. Also, I don't know what is worse, the grading company or the actual description by the ebay seller :

"You are bidding on a 1909 T206 Southen Leaguer card of Bill Bernhard of Nashville graded PSA 3. As you can see from the scans this Bernhard card has bright bold colors, great focus, tremendous eye appeal and nice centering"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-T206-T-206-Bill-Bernhard-PSA-3-Southern-Leaguer-Nashville-/190510870782?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item2c5b5530fe

If Ebay would put a few industry folks on their corporate staff, they could spend their working days elimating and cleaning up ebay 1,000 fold. It would be fun to be the Ebay Internal watchdog and get these clowns either to give accurate descriptions or off ebay all together.

iwantitiwinit
04-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Maybe he meant to say had in the description rather than has. I am thinking maybe the card has flaked because it somehow got wet, though the flip doesnt seem to be damaged. I don't think it is very easy to slip cards into holders and it doesnt seem like it would be worth it to make a card a 3 even if it is a southern leaguer.

DixieBaseball
04-29-2012, 12:22 PM
I agree ; I think PSA simply blew it big time on this grading job. 2 creases, etc. - This card should grade 1.5 at best, but probably a 1. - It more unpleasing to the eye than just about any poor condition card I have seen.

Pup6913
04-29-2012, 01:51 PM
I think at this point GAI is more credible than PSA

tbob
04-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Wow, that is unbelievable. Truly unbelievable. This HAS to be a substituted card because no card grader could be that stupid/sloppy. :eek:

tjb1952tjb
04-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Here's my PSA 4.5 T206 Bernard. What a difference, huh? Seriously, I think PSA just completely blew it, or there's some tampering involved.

Pup6913
04-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Wow, that is unbelievable. Truly unbelievable. This HAS to be a substituted card because no card grader could be that stupid/sloppy. :eek:

It is PSA we are discussing here. Nothing new. PSA is just a shitty a$$ company:(

irishdenny
04-30-2012, 01:29 AM
It is PSA we are discussing here. Nothing new. PSA is just a shitty a$$ company:(

Andrew my dear Lad, With all do respect... imho, I am sensing you might just be holding back on your opinion. I've been wrong about these things before? However, this is not a time that we should hold back our true feelings!

"Dag Nabit, how are we to get anywhere in our therapy, if you refuse to tell us the Truth!"

I for one am ashamed. I keep coming back to this cyber city of saints who continue to hold back their true inner most being...

"Let iT OuT by Golly, Let iT OuT!!!"

There, I said my peace!
I bid you all a good night... : - )))

T2069bk
04-30-2012, 11:47 AM
...it happens -not always by trickery. Case in point-

I bought a 1914 Polo Grounds Wagner that was already graded a 3 a few years back and have watched it deteriorate...it is as if there was moisture in the card or got in the case and I see little bits of the card peeling off and adhering to the case (maybe a bad soaker that made it through the encapsulation process before the effects became known?)

I don't have the original scan I took (only a little staining), but here is a scan from a little over 2 years ago (still wish it looked this good):
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr225/t2069bk/Hof%20Baseball/1900-1949/HonusWagner.jpg

danmckee
04-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Depends on who submitted it, come on J, you know how this joke of a grading works!

DixieBaseball
04-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Depends on who submitted it, come on J, you know how this joke of a grading works!

Dan-O,

That's why I like em raw ! :D

The only thing I like about a slab is the protection it can provide if encapsulated properly.

benchod
05-01-2012, 05:50 AM

Maybe from the lesser known Dmitri Young collection of psa 3 t206s