PDA

View Full Version : Awesome T206 Sheet Article !!

mrvster
04-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Thanks to Tim, Jim , Chris for the art and all that contributed to this great article...

T206 Resource ROCKS:cool:

Great insight and great thought...KUDOS GUYS:D

http://www.t206resource.com/Articles.html

jimross
04-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Couldn't agree more. Very interesting article.

Those pics make me wonder why the person who cut those cards could cut a "close to perfect" straight line horizontally but can't cut straight in vertical. Might be the original "sheet" were only uncut horizontal strip and not uncut sheet.

Just my 2 cent.

FrankWakefield
04-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Interesting. A good read.

For the last couple of months I've been thinking about how the sheets could have been small instead of big. Maybe 17 cards by 4 cards. Maybe something even smaller...

That 'articles' section would improve with a link to Scot Reader's fine work, don't you think?

Abravefan11
04-28-2012, 09:15 AM
That 'articles' section would improve with a link to Scot Reader's fine work, don't you think?

I asked Scot Reader for permission to include "Inside T206" on the site. He said due to copyright restrictions he could not authorize us to host it.

Pup6913
04-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Not a T206 guy or fan by any means but I like to learn all about this stuff. Great site and great article to read. Hope the rest of the sheet surfaces.

teetwoohsix
04-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Johnny-thanks for posting this- haven't been on the computer much lately, and today I'm glad I went on it.

Tim- this is an excellent article you wrote, one of the best I've read regarding T206's. Thanks again for sharing your insight, research, and opinions- much appreciated !!

Chris- great job on the artwork, it really helps with the visual.

Great job guys !!

Sincerely, Clayton

atx840
04-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks Johnny & Clayton, it was fun to help. I might get it printed and framed.

Great article Tim! I think you provide creditable evidence that ALC used a 34 player sheet layout. Wondering how they got the Sov 150 series with this layout combination?

Abravefan11
04-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Wondering how they got the Sov 150 series with this layout combination?

I believe it was through different sheet configurations. Which 34 subjects and where they were positioned on a sheet was not a constant. ALC had the ability and did change these configurations throughout the set and each print groups production.

If they wanted to produce a back run with a certain number of subjects it would simply require enough different sheet configurations to include all of the desired subjects.

With that said I don't believe the sheet configurations were just randomly put together to include all of the desired subjects. A good deal of thought was put into each sheet and how it worked within the total subset and overall marketing plan for the back advertisement.

A good example is the Sweet Caporal No.649 OP sheet. This sheet was not likely configured specifically for this offering but rather one chosen from the Sweet Caporal 150 No.30 set being printed at the time. But I believe a close look at the sheet shows that it's configuration wasn't random but carefully put together and a good choice if only one sheet was going to be used.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-GcmKRzBNP9g/T5ydwzzKOzI/AAAAAAAAGHY/QRKxAKTU2mg/s463/Microsoft%2520Excel%2520-%2520Sweet%2520Caporal%2520649%2520OP%25204282012% 252094630%2520PM.jpg

Noticeably absent from this sheet is a Pittsburgh subject. Most likely they were on one or more of the other Sweet Caporal 150 No.30 sheets.

The sheets and how they were configured is a tangled mess that continues to be slowly unraveled. We will certainly learn more, but because of how the set was produced we will most likely never know it all.