PDA

View Full Version : Josh Gibson Autographed Jersey Lee Trythall Coach's Corner

thetruthisoutthere
04-27-2012, 07:07 AM
Coach's Corner Auctions, owned and managed by Scott Malack & Lee Trythall, get the prize for the Consignment Of The Year.

A Josh Gibson autographed jersey. And can we guess who authenticated it? Yes, Christopher Morales. The same Christopher Morales, Forensic Investigator, who is on Ebay's Banned COA List.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=319751

mighty bombjack
04-27-2012, 07:22 AM
Wow, this one takes a lot of balls, but they got 'em over at coach's corner.

I looked through the current auction, and it seems to me that they aren't even trying that hard anymore. Some of the forgeries in the past have been decent, but all of the autos I saw in this auction were straight terrible.

Runscott
04-27-2012, 08:37 AM
They also have a "way cool art chance is a real, hand painted Paciasso". Does calling it a 'Paciasso' make it okay?

thetruthisoutthere
04-27-2012, 09:22 AM
The ink is still wet on these.

RichardSimon
04-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Holy sh--, those baseballs are unbelievable!
That Johnson is laughable to the extreme.
They have NO shame.
That does not look like the work of F, maybe a new consignor?

mschwade
04-27-2012, 09:36 AM
Honest question Chris.. Have you ever purchased anything from Coaches Corner? I don't care if it was 20-25 years ago, have you ever purchased from them?

thetruthisoutthere
04-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Honest question Chris.. Have you ever purchased anything from Coaches Corner? I don't care if it was 20-25 years ago, have you ever purchased from them?

Never.

RichardSimon
04-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Chris just knows that if it smells like sh--, and looks like sh--, then it certainy is sh--.

J.McMurry
04-27-2012, 10:48 AM
Chris just knows that if it smells like sh--, and looks like shi-- , then it certainy is shi--.

Dont know about the smell, but it sure has the look.

mschwade
04-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Never.

I didn't know if you got burnt by them or what your motivations were. You obviously have a disdain hate for Coach's Corner and it's almost got to the point that you're beating a dead horse.

I don't like that they sell forgeries as much as the next guy, but when you constantly post their stuff on this autograph forum, it has become depressing and takes away the enjoyment/love that people have for this hobby.

thetruthisoutthere
04-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Read the item description on this one; it is very revealing.

David Atkatz
04-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Basta! They're all forgeries on C's C. Just post the auction URL, and be done with it.

39special
04-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Being new to the autograph world,I have a stupid question.
How do they get away with selling this crap?

RichardSimon
04-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Being new to the autograph world,I have a stupid question.
How do they get away with selling this crap?

That is definitely the $64,000 question.

rjackson44
04-27-2012, 01:15 PM
how do they get away with this omg...

thetruthisoutthere
04-27-2012, 01:21 PM
I didn't know if you got burnt by them or what your motivations were. You obviously have a disdain hate for Coach's Corner and it's almost got to the point that you're beating a dead horse.

I don't like that they sell forgeries as much as the next guy, but when you constantly post their stuff on this autograph forum, it has become depressing and takes away the enjoyment/love that people have for this hobby.

Then don't read it. This is what I do. This is what I've done for the past eight years or so. I want them to know that I am not going away.

That's why many of the members here wanted a separate autograph forum.

If this depresses you, then please don't read it. I would hate to contribute to your depression.

The main reason I do this, is because, I, too, love the hobby.

David Atkatz
04-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Then don't read it. This is what I do. This is what I've done for the past eight years or so. I want them to know that I am not going away.LOL! Like they give a s#*t!

thetruthisoutthere
04-27-2012, 01:30 PM

And yes, I have deep disdain for people like Ted Taylor, Drew Max, Chris Morales, Lee Trythall, and Scott Malack. There are a few others, but I want this thread to stay on track (Coach's Corner Auctions).

Leon
04-27-2012, 01:42 PM
LOL! Like they give a s#*t!

I think I misunderstood this comment., My apologies

mschwade
04-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Then don't read it. This is what I do.

I believe your intentions to be good, but I think you might be doing more harm than good at this point.

thetruthisoutthere
04-27-2012, 01:51 PM
I believe your intentions to be good, but I think you might be doing more harm than good at this point.

Tell me, Matt, what further harm am I doing. Please explain.

bluebirds
04-27-2012, 01:58 PM
I too, like just about everyone on this board, have no use for CC. I too am also tired of Mr. Williams depressing attacks. Every time he says something about CC he brings out some current or much older piece of garbage that they foisted on the public with their phony auctions.
Bitching is fine Mr. Williams but all it does is let off steam with no positive end result. Why don't you DO SOMETHING POSITIVE like start a class action lawsuit or contact government agencies in PA or the Feds and have them go after them? You'd find plenty of support on this board.
You seem obsessed with them so why not take real action and get rid of those parasites and make a real contribution instead of your serio-"comedic" attacks that have accomplished little if anything?

Martin Green

thetruthisoutthere
04-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Here are a couple of beauties.

Mr. Zipper
04-27-2012, 02:20 PM
I consider Chris a friend. He has a huge heart and tremendous passion.

There is a method to the madness. Recent posts keep the usual suspects at the top of Google search results. There is always someone to whom this is new information. Just maybe, Chris is saving a new collector from making a mistake that would drive him or her from the hobby forever.

Plus, it lets the usual suspects know they are being watched and we won't just go away quietly.

If someone finds the drumbeat depressing, then just bypass the thread. It's clearly marked. The only thing I find depressing is that some of the usual suspects aren't in jail yet. ;)

mschwade
04-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Tell me, Matt, what further harm am I doing. Please explain.

I've already stated it... "takes away the enjoyment/love that people have for this hobby"

I used to love this board and visited it multiple times a day until the feuding and constant Coaches Corner bashing flooded the board. When the autograph sub-forum was created, the mood changed and things seem to be a little more positive (momentarily). Frankly, I was hoping the Coaches Corner forgery posts had ended and apparently they haven't.

IMO, I feel like your posts only cast dark clouds above this hobby. That's where I think you're intentions are good, but doing more harm. Just my .02

thetruthisoutthere
04-27-2012, 02:29 PM
I've already stated it... "takes away the enjoyment/love that people have for this hobby"

I used to love this board and visited it multiple times a day until the feuding and constant Coaches Corner bashing flooded the board. When the autograph sub-forum was created, the mood changed and things seem to be a little more positive (momentarily). Frankly, I was hoping the Coaches Corner forgery posts had ended and apparently they haven't.

IMO, I feel like your posts only cast dark clouds above this hobby. That's where I think you're intentions are good, but doing more harm. Just my .02

Then don't read it, Matt. If the title of a new thread reads "Coach's Corner" then bypass it, Matt.

This thread contains the words "Coach's Corner." Why did you elect to read it?

thetruthisoutthere
04-27-2012, 02:35 PM

Matt, there are two members (now it's three...not you, Matt) here on Net54 that I placed on my "Ignore" list. Their comments are no longer visible to me if they post a comment. Why don't you put me on your "Ignore" list. Problem solved.

thecatspajamas
04-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Personally, I don't have a problem with 1 thread a month highlighting the newest and most ridiculous forgeries. I find it more entertaining than depressing since, as others point out so often, nobody on this board takes them seriously anyway.

Overlooking one thread a month is a small price to pay to keep these warnings active where potential bidders can stumble across them before getting burned. More newbies come online every day, and if their first lesson is something other than getting burned on a purchase straight out of the gate, maybe they will stick around long enough to become educated collectors.

If it were a separate thread for each item so that the board was flooded with anti-CC posts, I would feel differently. But that's not what's being done.

Mr. Zipper
04-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Occasionally I am asked to render an opinion on items very similar to this. Typically the person bought it from some antique store or a "mall gallery" thinking it must be real because it's coming from a store in the mall and it has a official looking authentication letter.

It's never fun delivering the bad news. And the people who bought it from the "gallery" didn't get it at the absurdly low CC price... they paid thousands for an elaborately framed and matted fake.

David Atkatz
04-27-2012, 03:16 PM
I too, like just about everyone on this board, have no use for CC. I too am also tired of Mr. Williams depressing attacks. Every time he says something about CC he brings out some current or much older piece of garbage that they foisted on the public with their phony auctions.
Bitching is fine Mr. Williams but all it does is let off steam with no positive end result. Why don't you DO SOMETHING POSITIVE like start a class action lawsuit or contact government agencies in PA or the Feds and have them go after them? You'd find plenty of support on this board.
You seem obsessed with them so why not take real action and get rid of those parasites and make a real contribution instead of your serio-"comedic" attacks that have accomplished little if anything?

Martin Green+1!

thetruthisoutthere
04-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Here's another beauty, Mr. Zipper. Not only is the sig horrific, but Lee Trythall also posted the photograph of the signature upside-down.

RichardSimon
04-27-2012, 04:30 PM

Martin Green

Why are you assuming that he has not taken action?
And you get us a list of people who have bought CC stuff and want their money back and Chris and I will help start a class action lawsuit.
You cannot just file a class action lawsuit unless you have lost money. You need grounds to file a lawsuit.
And considering that much of what CC is now selling is being bought for resale, I would think it would be difficult to find people who want to sue them.
Martin - You got a list of those who have been burned by CC and want their money back? I would love to help initiate that lawsuit you talk about.

David Atkatz
04-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Why are you assuming that he has not taken action?Do you mean action other than offering up meaningless challenges on YouTube?

GrayGhost
04-27-2012, 06:56 PM
To try and add some levity to this mess, that Armstrong capsule photo musta been signed when Neil was in space spinning around:p

thecatspajamas
04-27-2012, 07:31 PM
To try and add some levity to this mess, that Armstrong capsule photo musta been signed when Neil was in space spinning around:p

With a space pen!

mighty bombjack
04-27-2012, 08:00 PM
I consider Chris a friend. He has a huge heart and tremendous passion.

There is a method to the madness. Recent posts keep the usual suspects at the top of Google search results. There is always someone to whom this is new information. Just maybe, Chris is saving a new collector from making a mistake that would drive him or her from the hobby forever.

Plus, it lets the usual suspects know they are being watched and we won't just go away quietly.

If someone finds the drumbeat depressing, then just bypass the thread. It's clearly marked. The only thing I find depressing is that some of the usual suspects aren't in jail yet. ;)

I agree with this line of thinking. If someone finds a rare auto at coach's corner and does a search, they NEED to find threads like this one that are complaining about the crap forgeries that are being sold there.

mschwade
04-27-2012, 08:43 PM
I agree with this line of thinking. If someone finds a rare auto at coach's corner and does a search, they NEED to find threads like this one that are complaining about the crap forgeries that are being sold there.

People can start blogs to get the same results.

danc
04-27-2012, 08:56 PM
I am for what TTIOT is doing and if you don't like the thread, avoid it. Nobody is forced to read anything on the board, and you don't have to comment on every thread. It seems like he's a lightning rod and just because a few people don't like his posts, there are others who enjoy what he has to say.

DanC

RichardSimon
04-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Danny are you still promoting smoking for kids?
Shame on you :D.
+1 for danc's post

GKreindler
04-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Danny had a very bad experience with Van Halen's 1984...

I got nothin'.

G

mr2686
04-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Danny had a very bad experience with Van Halen's 1984...

I got nothin'.

G

Was he Hot For Teacher down in Panama? :D

David Atkatz
04-27-2012, 10:28 PM
...there are others who enjoy what he has to say.

DanCWhat does he have to say? "There are forgeries at Coach's Corner. Trythall and Morales are responsible for them."

It's been said. Over, and over, and over.

Nothin' to see here, folks. Time to move on.

Leon
04-27-2012, 10:54 PM
What does he have to say? "There are forgeries at Coach's Corner. Trythall and Morales are responsible for them."

It's been said. Over, and over, and over.

Nothin' to see here, folks. Time to move on.

Maybe it's just time for you to move on from Chris's threads? I enjoy every one of them.

David Atkatz
04-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Ya know, Leon, this autograph section was created because many memorabilia people didn't want to be bothered--even to the extent of deciding to ignore a thread--by stuff they had no interest in.

The same holds for many of us autograph collectors. We're not interested in the constant litany of "look at these Coach's Corner forgeries."

Perhaps a spinoff of a spinoff is in order?

drc
04-28-2012, 12:33 AM
And let's name it Joanie Loves Chachi

GrayGhost
04-28-2012, 04:53 AM
Well. I think its time to just put in my two cents. I really enjoy Chris' posts on the Roaches, and his education. It's really simple. Anyone who doesn't like them, don't read them. Like some of you say that his posts are just rehashes over and over again, so are your posts complaining about his posts. Thats all I mean..

Scott Roberts

thetruthisoutthere
04-28-2012, 05:53 AM

That was a good one, Scott.

RichardSimon
04-28-2012, 05:57 AM
Why do people read the threads that they don't like?
I will never understand it.
If you don't like what people say, put them on block.
Chris has done that, I have done that.
Simple solution.
The threads about the Roaches are informative for people who don't know about them and funny for those of us who do know about them. Where is the harm?
AND btw Lee - the work done on this auction is as bad as your guys have ever done. Something happen to F?

+1 Leon's post

thetruthisoutthere
04-28-2012, 05:58 AM
People can start blogs to get the same results.

You still here, Matt. This is a Coach's Corner thread.

And, Matt, I do contribute to a few other blogs and I also write articles for another website.

Matt, there are thirty-eight threads under the Autograph Forum and only one of them is about Coach's Corner and the title contains the words "Coach's Corner" but you still elected to read it and then complain about it. Why?

mighty bombjack
04-28-2012, 06:46 AM
The auction doesn't even show the jersey itself, or even describe it. Might that be important when considering this purchase?

Any estimates on the end price?

RichardSimon
04-28-2012, 09:24 AM
The over/under number on a CC Josh Gibson Signed Jersey is $145 :D.
The over/under number on a real Josh Gibson signed jersey: priceless.

Wymers Auction
04-28-2012, 09:47 AM
I like Chris' threads, I have experience in the card market, but I am relatively new to autographs. Guys like Chris help guys like me to never unintentionally pass this garbage through our auction. Thanks Chris when you plug in CC in the search engines you see some scary responses. It it is a free country read what you want and don't read what you want. Pretty simple!!!!

David Atkatz
04-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Everything at Coach's is a forgery. "Pretty simple!!!!"

Bilko G
04-28-2012, 09:51 AM

i never even heard of coaches corner until i started lurking and then posting here, hahaha

thetruthisoutthere
04-28-2012, 10:49 AM
I like Chris' threads, I have experience in the card market, but I am relatively new to autographs. Guys like Chris help guys like me to never unintentionally pass this garbage through our auction. Thanks Chris when you plug in CC in the search engines you see some scary responses. It it is a free country read what you want and don't read what you want. Pretty simple!!!!

Thank you, James.

Like I've written many times, no one is forced to read any particular thread on Net54.

tinkereversandme
04-28-2012, 11:39 AM
My two cents. Also, if you don't like a thread, AVOID IT! This is a community and not everything is going to appeal to everyone and nobody is forcing you to read anything you don't want. So why comment and why keep reading then? It is better to DO SOMETHING (like Chris is doing) than do NOTHING (which others do in being silent). If this thread reaches one particular person (this will be picked up by a search engine, right?) that doesn't know about this outfit, then it has done some good. I like what Chris writes and has done a lot of good (IMO) and David, you add absolutely zilch to this board with your bitter one sentence diatribe which is nothing but repetition and repetition and repetition.

Larry

Bilko G
04-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Hey guys, serious question here. I just googled "Coaches Corner", just for the hell of it to see what comes up and i see all these videos by "Tom Tresh2" talking about Coaches Corner forgeries. This has probably been mentioned on here before and either i missed it or just forgot. Is Tom Tresh a member here?

Oh and i hope these leeches at Coaches Corner don't ruin the good name of the REAL Coaches Corner. The Real Coaches Corner is a very popular Hockey TV segment during intermissions on Hockey Night In Canada. Its hosted by the legendary Don Cherry and Ron Maclean and has been around since the 70s at least.

Lordstan
04-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Chris (thetruthisoutthere) is/was Tom Tresh2.

RichardSimon
04-28-2012, 12:11 PM
My two cents. Also, if you don't like a thread, AVOID IT! This is a community and not everything is going to appeal to everyone and nobody is forcing you to read anything you don't want. So why comment and why keep reading then? It is better to DO SOMETHING (like Chris is doing) than do NOTHING (which others do in being silent). If this thread reaches one particular person (this will be picked up by a search engine, right?) that doesn't know about this outfit, then it has done some good. I like what Chris writes and has done a lot of good (IMO) and David, you add absolutely zilch to this board with your bitter one sentence diatribe which is nothing but repetition and repetition and repetition.

Larry

That is why the ignore function is so useful.

David Atkatz
04-28-2012, 12:28 PM
and David, you add absolutely zilch to this board with your bitter one sentence diatribe which is nothing but repetition and repetition and repetition.

Larry

Is that so? Well, how about this, Larry? Leon posts a sticky at the head of this forum. It's called "Avoid Coach's Corner." The thread warns all that everything there is forged, and explains that Trythall, Morales, Max, et. al. are to be shunned as well.

Job done. Once and future newbies are warned. No need for Chris's bullsh$t, or for mine, either.

tinkereversandme
04-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Oh really? How about this...YOU STAY AWAY FROM THREADS YOU DON'T LIKE. I know this is a concept you can't fathom. You clearly don't like this thread, person or topic and while it's obvious that your life consists of making general unwanted comments.

I ENJOY CHRIS'S B***S**T and think there is value in him posting (as do others) and who made you the Mayor Of Everything?

Start your own Board.

How do ignore someone Rich?

Regards,

Larry

David Atkatz
04-28-2012, 01:21 PM
But what do you really think of the idea, Larry? LOL!

David Atkatz
04-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Here ya go, Larry. Go to "User CP" in the blue menu bar. On the left you can click on "Edit Ignore List."

Have fun!

RichardSimon
04-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Oh really? How about this...YOU STAY AWAY FROM THREADS YOU DON'T LIKE. I know this is a concept you can't fathom. You clearly don't like this thread, person or topic and while it's obvious that your life consists of making general unwanted comments.

I ENJOY CHRIS'S B***S**T and think there is value in him posting (as do others) and who made you the Mayor Of Everything?

Start your own Board.

How do ignore someone Rich?

Regards,

Larry

Larry - Click user CP on the far left of the bar that is at upper left of your page.
After that scroll down to edit ignore list on the left side. Click that and u place the name you want in there and click the button and you are done. Works like a charm. There should be a poll as to who is most ignored :D.

David Atkatz
04-28-2012, 02:59 PM
There should be a poll as to who is most ignored :D.Why don't you start it, Richard? You're usually the one to do that sort of thing.

Bilko G
04-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Chris (thetruthisoutthere) is/was Tom Tresh2.

ahh thanks Mark, i kind of suspected that but didn't want to say it without knowing for sure.

Nice vids Chris

travrosty
04-28-2012, 09:36 PM
David, just give these out when appropriate.

Wymers Auction
04-28-2012, 10:12 PM
I have to be truly honest some of these troublemakers make the board more interesting to read.

thenavarro
04-28-2012, 10:27 PM
David, just give these out when appropriate.

You need to award one of those in the Donovan/Cobb cut threads as well

Mike

travrosty
04-29-2012, 12:18 AM

Mike

Yeah, especially since it concerns PSA certing an exact copy of someone elses autograph, i can see where some people with PSA vested interests would want that issue to be considered 'dead' and quickly buried without getting to the bottom of it.

Leon
04-29-2012, 05:35 AM
I don't want to see a negative poll on the board. please. Anyone can use the ignore feature and I know a few people using it. You can ignore anyone but a moderator :). There won't be a sticky about Coaches Corner. In general I don't do too many stickies as it's just not something I believe in doing. Then when there is something really important, and one is done, people will take more notice. Everyone should be able to speak their piece on the board per the board rules. If we are exposing legitimate fraud (was that a double antonym?) I can't believe there can be too much of it. I know from quite a bit of experience it all helps...even if some think it could be beating the proverbial dead horse. Carry on. And try to be nice.

thetruthisoutthere
04-29-2012, 05:52 AM
Yeah, especially since it concerns PSA certing an exact copy of someone elses autograph, i can see where some people with PSA vested interests would want that issue to be considered 'dead' and quickly buried without getting to the bottom of it.

Travis, there is another thread for your above comment. This is a Coach's Corner thread. Take it somewhere else.

RichardSimon
04-29-2012, 07:05 AM
I don't want to see a negative poll on the board. please. Anyone can use the ignore feature and I know a few people using it. You can ignore anyone but a moderator :). There won't be a sticky about Coaches Corner. In general I don't do too many stickies as it's just not something I believe in doing. Then when there is something really important, and one is done, people will take more notice. Everyone should be able to speak their piece on the board per the board rules. If we are exposing legitimate fraud (was that a double antonym?) I can't believe there can be too much of it. I know from quite a bit of experience it all helps...even if some think it could be beating the proverbial dead horse. Carry on. And try to be nice.

Leon - I had a big smiley after the suggestion for a poll. I was just kidding.

travrosty
04-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Travis, there is another thread for your above comment. This is a Coach's Corner thread. Take it somewhere else.

I would be happy to but joe blow brought up the other non related thread first, and I won't just sit back and let him say things like that without defending myself. tell JOE BLOW not to go off topic and bring up other thread here where it doesnt belong. thanks.

In case anyone missed it, at the bottom is the off topic post by Mike. Is this related to CC? No.

So go bag on Mike. Let's be fair here. His comment didnt seem to bother you even though it was as off topic as mine.

--------------------------

Mike

-------------------------------

But i would be happy to bring it back to CC, this beaten horse is just a diversion from the biggest problems in the hobby. when 100% of items go one way, who is confused about it?

when you watch a ventriloquist act, it would get tired real quick when someone nearby keeps saying continuously. "Look, his lips are moving, dont you get it? the wooden dummy's not really talking, its the guy throwing his voice, his lips are moving." we got it.

there is no controversy with cc. their certs and morales certs are accepted at 0 auction houses and cant be listed on ebay.

As for Las Vegas shops, if people aren't googling morales or CC beforehand, it doesnt matter if it has a morales cert, or a made-up burcyzk cert, or a dummied up old frangiapani cert, or Joe Johnson, FDE from hoopleville, Iowa, because people will believe any of these names on a fancy cert if they are uneducated about the autograph hobby and willing to believe anything. They are not real collectors, and there will always be a cert with somebodys name on it, morales or not for these people to get suckered in.

100% of hobby collectors who are paying attention know about cc and morales, not so about other entities who have gotten a free pass all this time.

thetruthisoutthere
04-29-2012, 09:46 AM
I would be happy to but joe blow brought up the other non related thread first, and I won't just sit back and let him say things like that without defending myself. tell JOE BLOW not to go off topic and bring up other thread here where it doesnt belong. thanks.

In case anyone missed it, here is the off topic post. Is this related to CC? So go bag on Mike.

--------------------------

Mike

Just take it back to the thread where it belongs or start a new thread. I don't care who started it; I want it ended here!!!

thenavarro
04-29-2012, 10:07 AM

That's Mr. Joe Blow to you Travis, LOL.

Chris, please accept my profound apology for posting a reply to Travis' post which has subsequently been determined to be "off topic". I didn't realize that deftly calling out what I perceive to be the hypocrisy of one of the more redundant posters on the forum would be against the thread netiquette often displayed here.

I enjoy your CC threads on different pieces each month. Keep up the good work.

Mike

thetruthisoutthere
04-29-2012, 10:12 AM
That's Mr. Joe Blow to you Travis, LOL.

Chris, please accept my profound apology for posting a reply to Travis' post which has subsequently been determined to be "off topic". I didn't realize that deftly calling out what I perceive to be the hypocrisy of one of the more redundant posters on the forum would be against the thread netiquette often displayed here.

I enjoy your CC threads on different pieces each month. Keep up the good work.

Mike

Mike, thank you for apologizing. I appreciate it.

thetruthisoutthere
04-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Here's another beauty listed by Scott Malack & Lee Trythall. And authenticated by Chris Morales. Only Coach's Corner Auctions has, what seems to be, an infinite inventory of 1927 New York Yankees autographed baseballs.

What, Lee, only one photograph of this gem?

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=322279

thetruthisoutthere
04-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Here's a beauty authenticated by Ted Taylor.

Ted Taylor (TTA) writes on his website "Ted brings a sterling hobby reputation and is well known in hobby circles and is considered by many to one of the hobby's "founding fathers."

You're absolutely right, Ted, you are well known in hobby circles.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=322517

barrysloate
04-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Looks like Babe did that one with a black sharpie.

perezfan
04-29-2012, 04:59 PM
You can see it's a fake from 10 feet away!

steve B
04-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Anchor made OAl balls? I didn't know that.

Steve B
Here's a beauty authenticated by Ted Taylor.

Ted Taylor (TTA) writes on his website "Ted brings a sterling hobby reputation and is well known in hobby circles and is considered by many to one of the hobby's "founding fathers."

You're absolutely right, Ted, you are well known in hobby circles.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=322517

sports-rings
05-01-2012, 06:34 AM
How exactly is he doing more harm than good?

Rickyy
05-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Looks like Babe did that one with a black sharpie.

It almost says "Yo Stan" ...like Babe is being hip....

Ricky Y

RichardSimon
05-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Babe was a lover of wine, women and song (and hot dogs), I would say he was pretty hip :)

vintagechris
05-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Then don't read it. This is what I do. This is what I've done for the past eight years or so. I want them to know that I am not going away.

That's why many of the members here wanted a separate autograph forum.

If this depresses you, then please don't read it. I would hate to contribute to your depression.

The main reason I do this, is because, I, too, love the hobby.

I am of the opinion that the more Chris and others post of this stuff, the more it will come up in google searches and things like that. I say keep doing it.

RichardSimon
05-06-2012, 03:08 PM
I am of the opinion that the more Chris and others post of this stuff, the more it will come up in google searches and things like that. I say keep doing it.

+1