PDA

View Full Version : O/T - Requesting Help with a Survey

White Borders
04-23-2012, 09:17 PM
First, this is not a survey to get you to buy something or to get you to donate to a charity.

A friend of the family is working on her thesis for her Masters in Communications. She is collecting data via a survey about charitable donations. I said I know of a bunch of guys on a baseball card forum, and I'd post the link to the survey and ask them to divert their attentions from little pieces of old cardboard for 5-15 minutes.

If you have donated to a charity in the last 12 months, it would be very much appreciated if you could take 5-15 minutes to complete the survey found by clicking on the following link.

Survey (http://www.thesistools.com/charities)

If you don't want to take or don't feel comfortable with the questions, then please find something else to do with these 5-15 minutes of your time. :p

If you want to pass this on, please feel free to do so.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Craig

teetwoohsix
04-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Hi Craig-

I went to take the survey, and the first question was wanting to know if I've donated money to a charitable organization. I answered no, and that was the end of the survey for me :o

I thought I could participate because my wife and I donate clothes and shoes and other items to a thrift store that gives a percentage of it's proceeds to an organization that helps victims of domestic violence.

So, I'll ask my wife if she's donated any $$ to a charity and if so I'll have her take the survey. It's likely she has- I can tell by some of the mail we get :D

Take care- wish I could've helped.

Sincerely, Clayton

White Borders
04-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Hi Clayton,

Thanks for trying to take the survey :)

The girl (Robin) who is using it for her Masters thesis is Dutch. She attends a university in Madrid, where she met and got engaged to Chris Stockw.ood, who is from the Kansas City area. His parents are Jim & Trudy Stockw.ood. Jim and Trudy do a lot to help my mom, who is 80. Since I'm one of their email contacts, they included me in their distribution asking if we could help out their future daughter-in-law. And they asked us to pass it along to others since Robin needs 200 American responses and 200 Dutch.

I thought the survey is interesting in that many of the questions are nearly the same with slightly different wording. I suppose that is to gain data on how certain phrases can affect the results.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Craig

Leon
04-24-2012, 07:27 PM
I took the survey....seems like there were a few almost duplicated questions so I understand about how phrasing a question, in multiple ways, might elicit different answers.

39special
04-25-2012, 05:04 AM
I took the survey.I hope it helped her out.

pariah1107
05-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Also took the survey.... good luck with the research.