PDA

View Full Version : OT - White Cotton Gloves

thecatspajamas
04-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Anyone know a GOOD supplier or brand and where to get them?

I ask this after a frustrating afternoon of photographing coins while using the thoroughly-disappointing ones that I picked up on Amazon. I don't know what these were meant to be used for, but it sure wasn't manipulating small objects! Not only did they not fit well (I have small hands anyway, but these seemed to be sized for a 12-year-old girl), but they have this awful seam running up the sides of the fingers and over the fingertip that makes it difficult to do anything more detailed than punching the table in frustration!

Okay, enough ranting. But seriously, if anyone knows where to pick up cotton gloves with seamless fingers that were sized on real human beings, I'd be happy to give them a try.

william_9
04-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Most inspection gloves will probably have seams on them. I suspect a seamless glove might be hard to source in a lightweight cotton. These gloves have seams but the lightweight and medium weight are thin enough that you may not notice. A correct fit is probably the key.

http://www.saraglove.com/Men-s-100-Cotton-Inspection-Glove-p/80-1315-p.htm

Alternatively, you might want to try a butyl glove. They're made to fit tight and you don't have to worry about seams. Might help you get a better grip too. You can get those by the box at Home Depot for a few dollars. I'm not sure there is any risk of chemical transfer with those. I suspect there wouldn't be, but I'm not positive.

FourStrikes
04-22-2012, 08:14 PM

thecatspajamas
04-22-2012, 09:03 PM

Well, that glove does appear to be seamless as requested, but chopping off a finger to get it on may hamper productivity... :eek:

William, thanks for the tip and I'll check them out.

pariah1107
04-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Can't help, but had to share this story...

Working in canneries in Alaska everyone is distributed UNIVERSAL white cotton liners. I once saw a blonde with an "R" & "L" on each liner. I had to comment "You know those are universal right?". She responded, "Yes, but this way I don't get them mixed up!" I left her to a world only she will know. Oh sweet oblivion.

Might try Atlas gloves, they have nice tactile covers over the tips of the fingers.

BrandonG
04-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Lance, this is the type I use when handling baseballs, they are thick good quality and come in XL sizes for us real men.

http://apps.webcreate.com/ecom/catalog/product_specific.cfm?ClientID=15&ProductID=23396