PDA

View Full Version : Need some autograph opinions from this seller

Woundedduck
04-14-2012, 08:54 PM
http://www.ebay.com/sch/chocolatebutterfly1974/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Some are authenticated, some not. How do they look? Any obvious fakes?

egbeachley
04-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Does it bother you that every signature cut, from Ty Cobb to A-Rod, was signed on the exact same type of paper.

Nice profit for the seller though.

Woundedduck
04-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Honestly there's only 1 of all of them I'm interested in. It's really only mid range in terms of value but a little more difficult to find. That pobably gives it away :D. I guess I was just hoping there was a chance it could be good. There may just be too many red flags. Probably best to just stay patient.

Deertick
04-14-2012, 09:54 PM
i don't know enough about any of the others, but that Schmidt is the worst I have EVER seen! I have a ball that was signed by him while practically jogging to his car that is better than that.

Whoever signed it must have at just glanced at a real Schmidty.

GrayGhost
04-15-2012, 05:40 AM
I don't like the Dizzy Dean much, unless the last name was just sloppy. I glanced at some and they looked ok

mcgwirecom
04-15-2012, 07:29 AM
The Sosa looks good. I think there are a few good ones in there. But I did see many that looked questionable.

Woundedduck
04-15-2012, 10:17 AM
At the risk of gaining a little competition, I'll say the only one I'm interested in is the Steinbrenner. What do you all think of it? I was going to bid until I saw the problems with some of the others, but that's the only one I'm interested in.

travrosty
04-15-2012, 11:48 AM
he said the autographs were acquired from all different places.

Autographs purchased from Clean Sweep auctions, Quality Autographs, Premium Autographs, various other auction houses, and here on ebay over the years.

probably means some good, some ? so i dont think you can judge one based on the rest. best to look at several steinbrenner autograph exemplars and try to figure it out from there, or just pass and wait for a steinbrenner to come up with a reputable dealer.

drc
04-15-2012, 12:19 PM
My only comment is I know/remember where I got all my autographs even if one was a common from a very large group lot, and in a single index card auction I would specify where it came from-- Lelands, Premier, other. But that may just me. A cut and paste "Came from Premier, Quality Auctions, EBay or Other" doesn't do it for me.

johnmh71
04-15-2012, 12:26 PM
I think the fact that a 2007 Red Sox helmet still has no bids with only a few days left should tell you all you need to know.

perezfan
04-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Most look good... but some are definitely bad. I would trust the cheaper/less desirable autos more than the expensive ones. The Cobb and Crawford are both horrendous fakes (among others). Be careful...

Bilko G
04-15-2012, 02:06 PM
he said the autographs were acquired from all different places.

Autographs purchased from Clean Sweep auctions, Quality Autographs, Premium Autographs, various other auction houses, and here on ebay over the years.

probably means some good, some ? so i dont think you can judge one based on the rest. best to look at several steinbrenner autograph exemplars and try to figure it out from there, or just pass and wait for a steinbrenner to come up with a reputable dealer.

This could be true, probably is and im not saying this particular seller is a scammer/forger, but if you were in the business of selling forged material this is the best description to say were you got the stuff.

Someone asks a forger "where did you get all your autos"

Forger "ive bought so many over the years, its hard to remember exactly were they came from but i purchased from clean sweep, lelands, legendary, quality, AJ's, some in person at shows, some off of ebay etc. etc."

GrayGhost
04-15-2012, 07:12 PM
that Sam Crawford is positively HIDEOUS. as is the Cobb.