PDA

View Full Version : How tough are the T207 Saier and W. Miller?

Tao_Moko
04-13-2012, 06:02 AM
I thumbed through previous posts but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. I have completed the T206, T205 and E90 series Cubs so it's time to tackle what I've been putting off - T207 Cubs. What am I in for?

FrankWakefield
04-13-2012, 07:00 AM
I think you'll see that if you are after a Saier or Miller card from the brown border set then you need to get one when the opportunity presents itself. Neither are plentiful. If they were white border cards in the same quantity, then their prices would double or triple; the brown border set lacks popularity and that keeps the price down a bit.

npa589
04-13-2012, 07:17 AM
i'm in the same boat for the t207 cubs set. I'm looking for a Saier and Miller as well. I've seen ONE Miller in the last 6 months, and that was in Clean Sweep's auction of a few months ago. I've seen one Saier in the last year, and it was on eBay.
Overall, the T207 set is a beast. Putting together a T207 Cubs set offers the collector a microcosm of the difficulty of the set as a whole.

For some reason, it seems as though there are 10000 Reulbachs. You'll never have trouble finding that one.

Runscott
04-13-2012, 09:12 AM
For some reason, it seems as though there are 10000 Reulbachs. You'll never have trouble finding that one.

You can always white out the Cubs emblem and pretend like it's a Walter Johnson card.

wonkaticket
04-13-2012, 09:26 AM
Miller is a scarce one no doubt the whole set is filled with tough ones crazy tough set, agree with Frank 100% if it was T206 vs. T207 the prices would be off the charts.

http://photos.imageevent.com/piojohn3/net54shared/websize/miller.jpg

Cheers,

John

tbob
04-13-2012, 12:26 PM
I believe Miller was the last card I found when completing my T207 set, it was very, very tough (although not as tough as Donlin).
Saier has the reputation of being nearly as tough but I have bought 4 Saiers in the last few years as I continually upgrade my cards in the set and then sell the ones I have upgraded. I didn't find it to be that tough.
The ones that I found toughest were Block and Donlin.

Tao_Moko
04-13-2012, 07:03 PM
i'm in the same boat for the t207 cubs set. I'm looking for a Saier and Miller as well. I've seen ONE Miller in the last 6 months, and that was in Clean Sweep's auction of a few months ago. I've seen one Saier in the last year, and it was on eBay.
Overall, the T207 set is a beast. Putting together a T207 Cubs set offers the collector a microcosm of the difficulty of the set as a whole.

That's hilarious about the Reulbachs. Maybe I'll find mine at a flea market and we can avoid bidding against each other.

FrankWakefield
04-13-2012, 08:37 PM
That is a really nice Ward Miller card up there, John.

TBob, I think you're right about Miller being less plentiful. Yet I think you're 4 Saier finds were a bit of good fortune, I don't think there are 4x as many Saier cards out there as there are Ward Miller cards.

And that stuff about a Cubs subset being a microcosm is dead on. Only the scarcity of T207 collectors keeps the prices down where they are.

kmac32
04-13-2012, 08:37 PM
The Saier and Miller can be found but be prepared to shell out the $$$$. The rest in Recruit are fairly easy. I have graded duplicates of Reulbach and McIntire if you are interested. I would try to stick with higher grade examples of all cards depending on the budget. I also look for different backs if possible but have not had much luck.

Kmac

Tao_Moko
04-14-2012, 01:02 PM
The Saier and Miller can be found but be prepared to shell out the $$$$. The rest in Recruit are fairly easy. I have graded duplicates of Reulbach and McIntire if you are interested. I would try to stick with higher grade examples of all cards depending on the budget. I also look for different backs if possible but have not had much luck.

Kmac

I saw them on b/s/t but they were the first two cards I picked up. Thanks for the offer.