PDA

View Full Version : Opening day!

Jcfowler6
04-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Anyone else go this year?

First pitch 2012. Phillies at Pirates.

tiger8mush
04-05-2012, 05:34 PM
awesome picture Jon! You saw a great pitching duel!

Jcfowler6
04-05-2012, 09:16 PM
awesome picture Jon! You saw a great pitching duel!

Thanks Rob,

Even though my Buccos came up short I really enjoyed the game. You are right it was a great pitching duel.

regards
Jon

Jcfowler6
04-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Couple more pictures from the day.

cdn_collector
04-06-2012, 06:08 AM
Great pics indeed!

Didn't get to attend opening day this year, but did get to watch the Jays come back from 4-1 in the 9th to eventually win in the 16th. Thank goodness for an off-day today, because we used our entire bullpen.

Regards,

Richard.

earlywynnfan
04-06-2012, 06:23 AM
Great pics indeed!

Didn't get to attend opening day this year, but did get to watch the Jays come back from 4-1 in the 9th to eventually win in the 16th. Thank goodness for an off-day today, because we used our entire bullpen.

Regards,

Richard.

Yeah, yeah, real cool! I sat there for the entire game, only to watch my Indians lose (which, being a long-time Indians fan, we all knew was going to happen!)

Still, it's baseball time again!!!!!!!

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Jcfowler6
04-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Yeah, yeah, real cool! I sat there for the entire game, only to watch my Indians lose (which, being a long-time Indians fan, we all knew was going to happen!)

Still, it's baseball time again!!!!!!!

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

That Indians game was something else.

jerseygary
04-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Went to the big Opening Day Parade and the Reds-Marlins game yesterday... boy it is GREAT to be back in Cincinnati again! No other town in America knows how to start the season like the Queen City!

cdn_collector
04-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Ken, you're a trooper. I didn't see the game right from the start [was at work], but from what I did see, it sure looked like the crowd dropped off quite a bit by the end. I can't imagine leaving a game like that.1

And while I'm glad Toronto won, Masterson deserved better than a no-decision.

Regards,

Richard.

familytoad
04-06-2012, 11:21 PM
I usually see 6-7 games a year, only made it to one Opening Day game in all my years (last year's Mariners opener).
I did get to see 4 spring games in 4 days in 3 different parks in late March, in Arizona.
That's likely to become an annual tradition it was so fun! If you haven't done the Cactus League, I highly recommend you check it out!

I love this sport...
I just bought MLB.Tv yesterday and watched parts of every game so far this year...I took the day off today to make sure work wouldn't get in the way of a long weekend of baseball! I'm looking forward to the season, the warm weather and lots of Phillies wins!

MacDice
04-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Going to the Mariners first home game of the season (been going since 1998) but it will not seems like opening day after the M's opened up in Japan and then playing six other games on the road. Yes I was up at 2 am to watch the games in Seattle.

famousgolfers
04-07-2012, 11:16 AM
I was at the Rangers - White Sox game yesterday. It was a great day overall.

snider4prez
04-07-2012, 04:05 PM
I was lucky enough to get a ticket to the opener at Angels Stadium. It was an amazing game Angels vs Royals. Very good pitching from both sides. I love opening day games nothing else like them IMO. Baseball is here!!!!!!

Trevor

zljones
04-08-2012, 02:15 AM
I was at the Rangers - White Sox game yesterday. It was a great day overall.

I beg to differ, today was a better game, go White Sox!:D

jcmtiger
04-08-2012, 08:19 PM
25 to 30 opening day games for me with the Tigers. Did not attend this year, but what a start, 3 game sweep of the Red Sox. Looking forward to a great year.

Joe

tbob
04-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Glad the season has started. Not too thrilled by the fact my Twins appear to be the worst team in MLB, even worse than the Astros :(

sycks22
04-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Glad the season has started. Not too thrilled by the fact my Twins appear to be the worst team in MLB, even worse than the Astros :(

I'm a big twins fan too, tough start. We almost got no hit by the orioles 3rd starter.