PDA

View Full Version : 1927 Pirates card?

Leon
04-05-2012, 01:20 PM
I thought this was kind of neat, but not too sure about it, so made a fairly low offer and it was accepted. It is approximately 4 x 6 with a blank back that is very white and the card has high gloss to it. I am not familiar with the issue and was wondering if others had an idea? Hopefully it's not a 1970s reproduction. thanks in advance...(the photo is super sharp and well focused)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330673026082

bcbgcbrcb
04-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Leon:

Reputable seller is a plus. I'm not sure but I believe that there were a number of items like that on e-bay a few months back which were modern reproductions of team/individual photos from that '20's, 30's 40's & 50's era. The biggest red flag to me would be the blank back as opposed to a period postcard back, which would make more sense to me.

Hope I'm wrong.........

Leon
04-05-2012, 02:05 PM
I have done a lot of buys with the seller. I knew that if I got it and it looked like a newer reprint I could return it. The photo is really sharp. The card is a bit bigger than any of the other postcards I have. When I put the postcards up to it, even inside the borders (the picture only), is larger than any of the other postcards I have, albeit only by less than half an inch. The blank back itself doesn't scare me too much as I have some other cards with blank backs too. Hopefully someone will know and hit pay dirt here...It is a fantastic quality photo, that is for sure.