PDA

View Full Version : eBay Item Numbers Moved/Removed?

Jerry G
04-01-2012, 12:01 PM
I have noticed that since the last time I sniped on eBay the Item Numbers have been moved or removed. I believe you need the number to snipe.

Can anybody clue me in?

Please and thank you.

Jerry G
04-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Oh, OK. I just figured out that you can copy the URL at the top of the page and paste on the snipe page.

buymycards
04-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Look in the description area - top right.

Item number: 190659430726
Item specifics
Condition:
Used: An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of ... Read more

deebro041
04-01-2012, 12:33 PM
I noticed that too. The numbers are down on the right side with the description of the item.

peterose4hof
04-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Ebay remade their auction page a while back and the new look makes it almost impossible to find the item number. It is on the righthand side at the top of the "Description" section in tiny, unbolded font.

shaunsteig
04-01-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm only familiar with gavelsnipe, so this tip may or may not be generalizable to the other programs:

you can certainly snipe with either the url or the item #, both are reliable. but, I've noticed that when using the url, gavelsnipe will often not identify the specific item but rather it'll appear in the gavelsnipe listings as "eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibl... " I believe this is due to EBay labeling the IE window with the generic descriptor, and gavelsnipe merely uses the same label. So it's not a problem from gavelsnipe per se, but rather with EBay and IE. Nonetheless, I find it better to know which card is whish listing, so I preferentially create my snipes with the item number rather than the URL.

Thanks,
--S

CowboysGuide
04-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Yea, took me a while to find it when it moved. They also either removed or moved the seller's location (place their from) as well. This info was where the item # used to be. Does anyone know where this info is now?

ValKehl
04-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Steve - I believe what you are looking for is now found in the place that has the shipping cost/info.
Val