PDA

View Full Version : B18 Blankets Joe Jackson...which is more scarce?

btcarfagno
04-01-2012, 05:36 AM
In looking through past auction results, the purple variation seems to show up about three to four times more often than does the yellow variation. Is this an indication of scarcity? Thanks for any advice!

Tom C

John V
04-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Everything I've always read indicates this variation is more common.

E93
04-01-2012, 10:01 AM
John,
Nice display!
JimB

HOF Auto Rookies
04-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Everything I've always read indicates this variation is more common.

John,

Very nice display, I have all of those felts, and was looking to do the exact same thing. How did you go about getting this done? Is it UV protected glass? How long ago did you get this done, and have they faded at all?

Thanks!

John V
04-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Those frames are available at Target and Bed Bath & Beyond. I'm quite sure the glass sheets are not UV. Joe has been in a frame for about ten years total. This display for about three years. Never in direct sun, I can't detect any fading.

canjond
04-02-2012, 09:03 PM
I agree purple is easier to find than yellow. Surprisingly, however, I've owned 3 (only one left). 2 were yellow, and one was the purple. I sold both a purple and yellow a few years back but still have a beautiful yellow left.

HOF Auto Rookies
04-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Those frames are available at Target and Bed Bath & Beyond. I'm quite sure the glass sheets are not UV. Joe has been in a frame for about ten years total. This display for about three years. Never in direct sun, I can't detect any fading.

What did you use to hold up the felts itself?

John V
04-03-2012, 08:22 AM
Those frames come with 2 sheets of glass. Items are placed between the sheets. In an effort to "thicken" the blankets so they would not slide, my wife cut out some kind of white cloth as an added layer.