PDA

View Full Version : Interesting proposition for discounts....

Leon
03-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Hey guys and girls
I have a company that wants us to have a page of Sports related Coupons for discounts all over the place. We can control what goes up there...It wouldn't be any hindrance to anything but I don't know if it starts making the site more commercial than it should be? At the same time, I know a lot of folks like discounts. They would all be sports related. It would just be another separate forum on this board. What do ya'll think? IN complete transparency I think the site would get some tiny percentage but I honestly don't even know what it is...

GasHouseGang
03-27-2012, 11:12 AM
It would be ok with me. I guess it would just be another choice at the top of the page? I like discounts and I buy sporting goods, so sure.

BearBailey
03-27-2012, 11:21 AM
As long as it is a page you don't have to go to, add it as it can only help the forum. If someone has issues with it, they simply don't have to view it.

Leon
03-27-2012, 12:51 PM
I have seen a list of the companies and I think it would actually benefit our group. NO ONE will have to click on it, Kind of like anything else on the board. Thanks for the feedback
LL

carrigansghost
03-27-2012, 02:05 PM
I have a teenage baseball player around who's feet grow overnight, any discounts means more for cards.

Rawn

matty6
03-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Is Golf USA one Of the companies? I have one a mile from my house. I could sure Use a discount on balls as most of mine end up OB or in the drink!

Danny Smith
03-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Sounds good to me.

t206blogcom
03-27-2012, 02:57 PM
I vote yes

HANKCADDY
03-27-2012, 03:11 PM
i like it

rainier2004
03-27-2012, 03:15 PM
So this would be up there with the "net54 forum homepage" and "b/s/t section" amd "memorabilia forum"?

Would this page be dynamic page that keeps changing companies and their offers? Is there a negative to making the site more commercial even if this did do that? Seriously, just asking...

Big Six
03-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Will these offers be sports-related or, preferably, hobby-related...

deadballera
03-27-2012, 03:31 PM
no problems with me either.

discounts are good.

Leon
03-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Here is the deal. I made sure there is NO term contract. If it isn't good it can come down at any time. No strings attached. The company that I am working with has some exclusive discount contracts (I am told). The discounts would be for Sports and Hobby related items. I can't imagine a downside to this but if we get going and the world stops, then it will come down. Here is a tidbit from the person that I am working with...

"Just so you know, you have full control over what kind of discounts and coupons are on your page. Here are some of the specific baseball retailers:

MLB Shop
MLB.tv
Baseball Express
Baseball Rampage
Baseball Savings
BaseballVideos.com
Mattingly Baseball

We also have great relationships with Dick's Sporting Goods, Sports Authority, and a number of other standard retailers. They give us exclusive discounts on products. We also have discounts on baseball tickets, etc. It's up to you what you want to put on your site.

There is absolutely no length of contract commitment and it's completely free to set up."

Gradedcardman
03-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Your site and your call. Why not have some percentage go to the site. Thats smart business if it is handled the way you have mentioned.

ValKehl
03-27-2012, 05:48 PM
As long as it is a page you don't have to go to, add it as it can only help the forum. If someone has issues with it, they simply don't have to view it.

+1

steve B
03-27-2012, 05:54 PM
It sounds good, especially if you get a cut to help run the site. If not, it's more of a judgement call on wether you think it benefits us as a group. (It probably does)

Steve B

Your site and your call. Why not have some percentage go to the site. Thats smart business if it is handled the way you have mentioned.

timzcardz
03-28-2012, 09:44 AM
No Downside. No commitment. No problem!

What's not to like about discounts?

Sounds like a no-brainer to me.