PDA

View Full Version : Question about Collectibles Insurance Services

Caseyatbat
03-26-2012, 10:00 AM
I am just wondering if anybody here has had any experience dealing with the Collectibles Insurance Services company?

More specifically, if anybody has actually been through the process of having to file a claim? I am wondering how fast they actually pay up and if they actually pay the full market value for the item. (of course assuming that your policy actually covers the value).

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Leon
03-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Brockelman & Luckey Auctions uses them. We have filed 1-2 claims. They take a while to pay but are easy to work with. Depending on what kind of policy you get with them there will probably be a small deductible. You just need to have your ducks in a row on a claim but it/they went smoothly. It did take close to 60 days to get paid though. Hope this helps.

Caseyatbat
03-27-2012, 07:28 AM
Thank you very much Leon, that is very much appreciated! Were they pretty good about paying out an accurate market value for the item(s)?

smtjoy
03-27-2012, 08:20 AM
I had a claim a couple years ago, I was lucky as they were all recent ebay purchases so the current value was what I paid for them. It took them about 60 days to get a check. It was a fairly easy process for me.

The only negative I have ever heard was sometimes its very hard to come up with a present value on rare cards that hardly ever sell and were purchased years ago for much less.