PDA

View Full Version : WTB/Trade: 1978 Topps Football Printing Plates & Jumbo Cellos

Julian Wells
03-25-2012, 08:49 AM
Looking to purchase or trade for 1978 Topps football aluminum printing plates. I may also interested in 1978 Topps football unopened jumbo (Super-Pak) cello packs & wrappers, slick stock proofs, final proofs, wrong backs, errors & other unique items associated with the 1978 Topps football set...just let me know if you have any such items.

I have over 1,200 unique items for sale or trade from the 1978 Topps football set: final proofs, progressive color proofs, match print photos, final card negatives, 4-color film positives, etc. (I also have a few unique football items from other years, too.) Let me know if you're looking for any particular players, teams, etc. :)

CowboysGuide
03-26-2012, 06:09 AM
Not that I have anything on your list to offer for trade, but do you have any 'final card negatives' that were 'not' used for cards in this set? In other words, any Topps color negatives from 1978 or earlier of any Dallas Cowboys players that did not appear on Topps cards you'd be willing to sell?

Julian Wells
03-28-2012, 07:03 PM
No, I sure don't...all the final negatives I have were used for issued cards in the 1978 set, and I have already traded or sold any Dallas Cowboys negatives and match print photos that were in my collection. If interested, I do have a few Dallas Cowboy progressive color proofs and final proofs from the 1978 and 1981 sets.

Julian Wells
03-28-2012, 07:35 PM
I am also looking to purchase or trade for three autographed cards from the 1978 Topps football set: #353 Dave Mays (Cleveland Browns), #412 Bill Bryant (New York Giants) and #518 Bill Bryant (Giants Team Leaders). I have several autographed cards from the 1978 Topps football set I could trade for the three cards. Any contacts who may have these cards would be much appreciated! :)

CowboysGuide
03-29-2012, 04:41 PM
No, I sure don't...all the final negatives I have were used for issued cards in the 1978 set, and I have already traded or sold any Dallas Cowboys negatives and match print photos that were in my collection. If interested, I do have a few Dallas Cowboy progressive color proofs and final proofs from the 1978 and 1981 sets.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm really only interested in the color negs (transparencies) that Topps never used...so that I can use them :). Here's a link to my 1978T Dallas Cowboys Retrocards set to show you an example;

1978T Dallas Cowboys Retrocards Set (http://www.thecowboysguide.com/RetroCards-1978T.html)

Julian Wells
03-29-2012, 06:46 PM
Great cards...just bought a set! I really wish more people would use their creativity to show their love for the hobby. I have a website in the works dedicated to the 1978 Topps football set, and once it's finished, I will be sharing it with the forum. I think many people will be surprised by the content and information that will be shared...Stay tuned! :D