PDA

View Full Version : Christopher Morales and Jon scarborough of J.S. Sports Investments: PROXIBID ALERT!

jgmp123
03-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Guys,

I was recently checking out some online memorabilia auctions that appeared on www.proxibid.com and noticed a great of items coming through with Morales and Jon scarborough of J.S. Sports Investments COA attached to them.

All coming from the same auction company, Easton Auction Company. It looks like they are setting up auctions each week peddling fake items...

Would love to hear your thoughts on some of the items...

Also, not sure if you have heard of Jon Scarborough or J.S. Sports Investments, but after doing a quick google search, it looks like the auction company has been fought time after time for refunds based on fakes.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/catalog.asp?aid=47970

http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/1399625.html

thetruthisoutthere
03-23-2012, 11:20 AM
There's really nothing to think about. There is certainly a lot of junk over there, like this piece of garbage with a COA from CSC Collectibles (on Ebay's Banned COA list).

Mr. Zipper
03-23-2012, 11:21 AM
It's a never-ending game of whack-a-mole.

thetruthisoutthere
03-23-2012, 11:33 AM
And this ugly forgery "authenticated" by the man who calls himself a Forensic Investigator, Chris Morales.

thetruthisoutthere
03-23-2012, 11:43 AM
It would be remiss of me to not include Ted Taylor (Stat Authentic).

thecatspajamas
03-23-2012, 11:51 AM
It would be worth noting that "Proxibid" itself is just the auction platform software being used to run the auction, not the company responsible for the actual auction items themselves. There are plenty of good sellers that use Proxibid, as well as some shady ones (similar to eBay, though Proxibid is geared more towards live auctions).

From your question, it sounds like you already knew this, but the subject line could be misleading to those unfamiliar with Proxibid. So just thought I'd throw that out there.

jgmp123
03-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Totally understand what you are saying, but still think companies need to take some responsibility for being used as a front for some pretty blatant garbage...

thetruthisoutthere
03-23-2012, 12:18 PM
It would be worth noting that "Proxibid" itself is just the auction platform software being used to run the auction, not the company responsible for the actual auction items themselves. There are plenty of good sellers that use Proxibid, as well as some shady ones (similar to eBay, though Proxibid is geared more towards live auctions).

From your question, it sounds like you already knew this, but the subject line could be misleading to those unfamiliar with Proxibid. So just thought I'd throw that out there.

Lance, you are correct. There are authentic autographs on that site. The reason I posted some of the forgeries, is to point out, that crap certed by Morales, CSC Collectibles, Ted Taylor, etc., is all over the place, especially since that crap gets removed when listed on Ebay.

jgmp123
03-23-2012, 12:53 PM
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=3231&aid=49662&lid=12675383#topoflot

keithsky
03-23-2012, 01:15 PM
All it is is another place to list the stuff from CC that people bought and found was fake and major auction houses and Ebay reject this stuff so it's another outlet to quickly dump the fake stuff without the buyer losing there money.

Wymers Auction
03-23-2012, 01:16 PM
I responsibly sell on Proxibid and at times my auctions get less attention due to these "dream" or "fantasy" auctions. I side with Proxibid it would be impossible for them to authenticate everything that goes on, but I do believe that if they were made aware and things were proven to them they may remove that particular auctioneer. They really do seem to want to be a marketplace where people can feel comfortable shopping. However, it is the responsibility of the auctioneer to do his due diligence when making claims. I could not imagine putting up a Babe Ruth signed ball without any or little investigation.