PDA

View Full Version : 1928 Block Brothers St. Louis Cardinals Team Postcard

71buc
03-20-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm in Arizona enjoying spring training. This morning I was at an antique store and saw a 1928 Block Brothers St. Louis Cardinals Team Postcard. It is unused and is in EX condition. The seller is asking $100. There seems to be quite a wide range for these on eBay. I was hoping that someone with knowledge of these could provide me with assistance before I drop $100 for an item I am unfamiliar with. It has no tears, stains, or creases and features seven hall of famers. Is this a good buy? Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.

WillowGrove
03-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Personally Mike - I'm no expert but do look at and occassionally purchase postcards, think of this card in particular as being kinda common and not something to invest in.

Of course if you like the card alot - that's a different story.

have fun watching cactus league. (are the Bucco's no longer in Bradenton?)

peter

jb217676
03-20-2012, 07:27 PM
I paid a little over $100.00 for my copy if that helps. Nice postcard and pretty easy to find.

71buc
03-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the help. I'll hold off on purchasing it. The Pirates aren't here but the Indians are, so all is good. This my 19th spring training in Arizona and it never seem to get old. The highlight of my day today was chatting with Tim Kurkjian for a few moments while watching the Mariners and Reds. Thanks again for the help.