PDA

View Full Version : Only Ebay $20 to $425 Fraud

ruth-gehrig
03-18-2012, 07:47 PM
:mad:More ebay crap. I was unaware of this seller until tonight. I paid $20 for my copy. Some sorry soul got taken for $425 plus tonight:eek: Check their other listings.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=290682122134&nma=true&rt=nc&si=QoQz24RxnGVTzpB%252Fov999nn2EFM%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMESINDXX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

travrosty
03-18-2012, 07:55 PM
all his feedbacks show private auctions, i wonder why.

thekingofclout
03-18-2012, 08:05 PM
What do you think. Did this seller change his user name in order to decive and take advantage of the American Pickers/Pawn Stars brands?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eBay Member User ID History

The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay.

User ID Effective Date End Date

pickerstarsauctions Oct-19-11 Present

signsrock Jul-21-03 Oct-19-11

GrayGhost
03-18-2012, 08:13 PM
I saw that the other night. KNEW It was garbage..damn

ruth-gehrig
03-18-2012, 08:16 PM
How can buyers for these items still be out there? How how how??:confused: In regards to the person who just paid $425 for this modern piece of paper...what do you think their baseball memorabilia collection looks like? Can you imagine how much they must spend on crap like this? Amaaaaazing!:eek: Is it true that common sense isn't that common??

thetruthisoutthere
03-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Here is the item from Ebay seller pickerstarsauctions.

ruth-gehrig
03-19-2012, 04:54 AM
What do you think. Did this seller change his user name in order to decive and take advantage of the American Pickers/Pawn Stars brands?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eBay Member User ID History

The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay.

User ID Effective Date End Date

pickerstarsauctions Oct-19-11 Present

signsrock Jul-21-03 Oct-19-11

Yeah maybe they think by having "Picker" in their ebay ID it sounds like the material they sell is fresh to the market.

GrayGhost
03-19-2012, 06:50 AM
Sometimes, you just look at something and know its not right. Common sense is such a part of the hobby, seems. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, its probably a duck and a VERY sick one at that. :rolleyes:

ruth-gehrig
03-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Well well well....what happened? This "picker" (or ebay) ended all his current auctions selling similar items;)

Leon
03-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Well well well....what happened? This "picker" (or ebay) ended all his current auctions selling similar items;)

That is good news...no reason for folks to get shafted...

Cardking
09-17-2014, 02:12 PM
Detectives and experts...

earlywynnfan
09-17-2014, 03:25 PM
Detectives and experts...

OK, two posts, pretty much the same, showing a crappy attitude towards people pointing out scams. Let me guess: you're an ebay scammer who's ticked because board members ruined your business??

Deertick
09-18-2014, 05:25 PM
OK, two posts, pretty much the same, showing a crappy attitude towards people pointing out scams. Let me guess: you're an ebay scammer who's ticked because board members ruined your business??

Corey Scott
pickerstarauctions
pickinforalivin

Has purchased from T-ru17 (seller of reprints) http://www.ebay.com/sch/t-ru17/m.html?item=271568796893&hash=item3f3ac2fcdd&pt=US_Baseball&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Sells a lot of Gem Mint cards. Even the negatives used to make them.

djson1
09-19-2014, 10:28 AM
How can buyers for these items still be out there? How how how??:confused: In regards to the person who just paid $425 for this modern piece of paper...what do you think their baseball memorabilia collection looks like? Can you imagine how much they must spend on crap like this? Amaaaaazing!:eek: Is it true that common sense isn't that common??

For many of you, it may be apparent if something is crap, but the majority of the collectors out there don't know...especially when seeing something on the internet like eBay. I'm not a collector of signs, so when I see this (at least just from the picture), how can I tell it's a fake? I'm not a collector of memorabilia, other than cards and autographs, so things like this could easily go under my radar (as well as thousands of other unsuspecting collectors).

earlywynnfan
09-19-2014, 03:04 PM
For many of you, it may be apparent if something is crap, but the majority of the collectors out there don't know...especially when seeing something on the internet like eBay. I'm not a collector of signs, so when I see this (at least just from the picture), how can I tell it's a fake? I'm not a collector of memorabilia, other than cards and autographs, so things like this could easily go under my radar (as well as thousands of other unsuspecting collectors).

Which is exactly what Picker/CardKing wants!!